Home -> System Changelog
Time and resources permitting, every effort is made to update and/or improve the SimBrief dispatch system regularly.
As a general rule, only major updates and new features get announced publicly. The vast majority of changes are made behind the scenes to either fix newly-discovered bugs or bring various other minor improvements.
Whether big or small, nearly every non-trivial update which has been made to the website over the years has been documented in the changelog below. Updates are listed in chronological order, starting from the most recent.
Released: 2023-03-31*** Version 2.12.2 ***
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: BE36 (Bonanza A36).
- UpdateUpdated various OFP layouts to support longer cruise profile names.
- UpdateUpdated default AIRAC cycle to 2203.
- Bug FixFixed AIRAC list height on the Account Settings page.
Released: 2023-03-30*** Version 2.12.1 ***
- UpdateImproved map performance on tablets and mobile devices.
- Bug FixFixed some map variables being included when submitting OFP form data.
Released: 2023-03-29*** Version 2.12.0 ***
- FeatureWhen using the small map option, the map is now positioned near the top of the window.
- FeatureAdded a way to hide or unhide the interactive map when using the small map option.
- Bug FixFixed parent container scroll when unzooming the interactive map on mobile.
- Bug FixFixed auto-scroll behavior when clicking "Prefile on a Network" if the Downloads section is expanded.
- Bug FixFixed potential layout inconsistencies by hardening section styles.
- Bug FixFixed route validator errors if a route includes an approach after the destination airport.
Released: 2023-03-27*** Version 2.11.1 ***
- Bug FixFixed incorrect DCT levels for user routes with altitude restrictions containing "99999".
- Bug FixFixed user routes admin functions.
Released: 2023-03-26*** Version 2.11.0 ***
- FeatureAdded a way to make the interactive map smaller on the Flight Options and Flight Briefing pages.
- FeatureAdded UTC clock display when the main menu is collapsed.
- UpdateImproved UI and functionality when searching for one's own user routes.
- UpdateUpdated user guide to document new features.
- Bug FixFixed Microsoft Edge incorrectly translating runway selections and map markers.
- Bug FixFixed system update notification when the main menu is collapsed.
- Bug FixMinor UI fixes and improvements.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable route format: FS2020 (No SID/STAR).
- Bug FixFixed route analysis if the route begins or ends with airports containing a runway suffix.
Released: 2023-03-23*** Version 2.10.0 ***
- FeatureAdded collapsible main menu for medium-sized screens.
- FeatureAdded subtle highlighting to the Generate Flight button.
- FeatureAdded a button to instantly import a flight into Navigraph Charts.
- FeatureAdded buttons to instantly open Navigraph airport charts from various pages.
- FeatureAdded a way to save the currently selected map tiles as default.
- FeatureAdded support for increased interactive map zoom levels when using supported map tiles.
- FeatureAdded payload/cargo limitation alerts to the Flight Briefing page.
- FeatureAdded warning labels next to the passenger and cargo values if a payload restriction exists.
- UpdateRedesigned the interactive map tile selector widget.
- UpdateAdjusted the clickable area of the main SimBrief logo.
- UpdateUpdated user guide to document new features.
- Bug FixFixed custom route parameters being overwritten when changing aircraft type.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: P06T.
- Bug FixFixed route validation for SID/STARs with the same identifier as their transition waypoint.
- Bug FixFixed route validator not recognizing navaids that have the same ident as an airway.
- FeatureAdded iniBuilds An-225 (MSFS) airframe/variant.
- Bug FixFixed low payloads when selecting the A225.
Released: 2023-02-22*** Version 2.9.1 ***
Released: 2023-02-21*** Version 2.9.0 ***
- FeatureAdded min/max value indications to the cost index, passengers, freight, and ZFW options.
- FeatureAdded an alert message to the Flight Plan Downloads section if Detailed Navlog is disabled.
- UpdateReplaced Flight Time with Block Time on the Flight Options and Flight Briefing pages.
- UpdateMinor updates to the User Guide text.
- Bug FixFixed broken link to the old SimBrief forum.
- Bug FixFixed custom airframe names missing from the list if they started with "0".
- Bug FixFixed certain fuel factors not auto-populating when an airframe was selected.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect historical weather indicator when manually disabling a snapshot.
- Bug FixFixed invalid route pop-up not showing when editing some history flights.
- Bug FixFixed undesirable built-in browser translations on some UI components.
- UpdateUpdated Flight1 GTN export format to include disambiguation coordinates.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: A225.
- Bug FixFixed routes with unrecognized characters being incorrectly reported as valid.
- Bug FixFixed various minor PHP errors occurring within the OFP script and API endpoints.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect OFP totals on the System Status page.
Released: 2023-02-18*** Version 2.8.0 ***
- Feature Added placeholder texts for the aircraft type and airframe options.
- Feature Added an indication of what the Default Freight Mode will default to when editing an airframe.
- Feature Added a way to return to the dashboard by clicking the main SimBrief logo.
- Feature Added a way to permanently dismiss the iOS home screen message.
- Bug Fix Fixed iOS home screen message text overflow on tablets.
- Bug Fix Fixed low text contrast in dark mode.
Released: 2023-02-16*** Dispatch v2 - Initial Release (2.7.1) ***
- Feature Completely redesigned the user interface with a more modern look that adjusts to any screen size.
- Feature Added dark mode and large text options, which can be toggled at the top-right of the window.
- Feature Added a prompt on iOS devices if the app has not been added to the home screen.
- Feature Added a prompt to advise the user whenever an update to the app becomes available.
- Feature When required fields are empty or invalid, they are now highlighted in red.
- Feature Added a button to swap the departure and arrival airports.
- Feature It is now possible to add comments or notes when saving a flight.
- Feature It is now possible to share your flight options with another user.
- Feature Added a way to set the default number of alternates when creating a new flight.
- Feature Added minimum weather criteria filters when searching for alternates.
- Feature Added a dropdown list of suggested airports to each alternate airport input.
- Feature Added a way to choose from several suggested routes for each alternate airport.
- Feature When increasing the alternates count, SimBrief will now automatically find additional alternates.
- Feature When finding multiple alternates, the farthest alternate is now placed in the first slot.
- Feature Added the ability to exclude certain airports when calculating an ETOPS scenario.
- Feature Added a pop up warning when loading a saved/history flight with an invalid route.
- Feature Added NOTAMs and other general information to the airport weather pop-ups.
- Feature It is now possible to undo inserting a suggested route by typing Ctrl-Z.
- Feature Added more information to the flight briefing page, including a new load sheet section.
- Feature Added buttons to easily copy various fields such as the route, ATC flight plan, and METAR/TAFs.
- Feature It is now possible to sort saved flights and airframes by any column.
- Feature It is now possible to search for a saved flight or airframe using the provided search box.
- Feature When creating a new airframe, a more detailed list of available types is now shown.
- Feature When creating a new airframe, you can now use an existing airframe as a starting point.
- Feature Added a new airframe option to set the default weight units when planning a flight.
- Feature Added a new airframe option to set the default ETOPS scenario when planning a flight.
- Feature Added a new airframe option to specify the default freight value when planning a flight.
- Feature It is now possible to populate airports from your latest flight into the Weather and NOTAM section.
- Feature Added additional airport and airspace details to the Weather and NOTAM search results.
- Feature Added a new tool to search for routes between airports in the Weather and NOTAM section.
- Feature Completely rewrote the user guide to reflect the new SimBrief features.
- Feature Added a downloadable PDF version of the new user guide.
- Update Repositioned the interactive map so it remains visible at all times on the applicable pages.
- Update Replaced most flight options with more convenient text inputs or combo boxes.
- Update Separated the aircraft type and airframe options into separate inputs.
- Update Updated the IFPS validation feature so that it longer opens in a separate browser window.
- UpdateUpdated default equipment, PER, and PBN codes for the E50P and E55P aircraft profiles.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profiles: A338, A339.
- Bug FixFixed route validator possibly returning the wrong colocated navaids along SID/STARs.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: CONS (L-1049G Super Constellation). Thanks to Dennis Kaufman.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: M600.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: P46T.
- Bug FixFixed multiple directs within French airspace being incorrectly capped at FL195.
- FeatureAdded load closeout section to the AAL layout.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable FMS format: Majestic Q400 (v1.025).
- Bug FixFixed METAR/TAF outage by adding an additional backup weather source.
- FeatureAdded support for multiple alternates and alternate routes to AAL and AWE layouts.
- Bug FixFixed certain characters being trimmed from the dispatch remarks when generating through the API.
- Bug FixFixed preliminary route distance calculation errors when parsing routes with thousands of waypoints.
- FeatureAdded support for custom flight map colors.
- UpdateUpdated flight map colors for UAE, UAL, and SWA layouts.
- UpdateUpdated various portions of the UAE layout.
- UpdateUpdated AIRAC parser to add support for FIR arc boundaries.
- Bug FixFixed 6 character airway idents being incorrectly trimmed in the final route string.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: A21N.
- Bug FixFixed possible repeating waypoints when routing based on other IFPS compliant routes.
- Bug FixFixed identical routes being assigned when finding multiple alternates at once.
- Bug FixFixed occasional backtrack bugs when generating westbound NAT routes.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: B38M.
- UpdateMinor updates to the SWA layout.
- UpdateUpdated OFP layouts to omit Flag remarks if FAA (Domestic) reserves are selected.
- FeatureAdded support for FAA Flag and Domestic reserve fuel.
- UpdateUpdated OFP layouts to support FAA Flag reserves: DAL, SWA, UAL.
- FeatureAdded support for separation lines in custom dispatch remarks.
- UpdateOptimized ETOPS area of operation calculations.
- FeatureAdded dispatch redirect parameter to automatically find SID/STARs for custom routes.
- UpdateImproved route finding speed through more advanced caching.
- UpdateUpdated SWA layout dispatch remarks and landing weight sections.
- UpdateVarious fixes and improvements to SIGMET detection and splitting.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: C337 (Cessna 337H).
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profile: KODI (Kodiak 100).
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profiles: F70, F100.
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profile: LJ45.
- Bug FixFixed cost index still appearing in the XML data file, even when using a fixed-speed cruise profile.
- Bug FixFixed invalid FMS downloads if a route contains unrecognized ARINC shorthand waypoints.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect .flp export when the route contained only one waypoint followed by a STAR.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: C414.
- Bug FixFixed MSFS .pln format not loading user waypoints correctly.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect prop/jet real-world route prioritization.
- UpdateUpdated SWA layout landing performance section.
- UpdateImproved departure runway selection based on estimated takeoff weight.
- Bug FixFixed departure runway with insufficient length being selected in some cases.
- UpdateAdditional updates to the SWA layout.
- UpdateUpdated SWA layout to add ETOPS support and better handling of multiple alternates.
- Bug FixFixed missing range ring when manually entering an Enroute Alternate.
- Bug FixFixed disproportionate departure and arrival maneuvering distances for GA aircraft.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: C310.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: B764.
- Bug FixFixed RAD parser to support new formatting in RAD 2207.
- FeatureAdded additional bookmarks to the RYR and UAL '18 PDF formats.
- Bug FixFixed route parser no longer considering distance to next waypoint when choosing between fixes.
- FeatureAdded new export format: TDS GTNXi.
- UpdateUpdated E13L cruise profile to M78.
- Bug FixFixed hang during OFP processing due to gcmap outage.
- UpdateImproved support for user defined waypoints in MSFS export format.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: PMS50 GTN750.
- Bug FixFixed alternates and runways not being recalculated when loading a saved flight.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: iniBuilds Flightplan.
- UpdateUpdated backend RAD parser to support new Annex formats.
- UpdateUpdated IVAO prefile link to the new API.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect RAD route exclusions when an initial DCT is followed by a capped airway.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect route import for some addons when the TOC occurs along a NAT track.
- FeatureAdded mobile web app support when saving Dispatch pages to the home screen.
- Bug FixFixed possible missing DCT at the end of the route when no STAR is used.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect application of manual RAD airway caps on some airways.
- Bug FixFixed altitude optimizer not respecting minimum airway altitudes in some cases.
- Bug FixFixed possible truncated ET (elapsed time) values in the UAL '18 flight log.
- FeatureAdded flight level and cost index to iFly export formats.
- UpdateAutomatic runway selection now considers multiple ATIS sources (FAA, VATSIM, IVAO, PilotEdge).
- UpdateUpdated the altitude profiler to avoid FL250 within EHAA FIR.
- FeatureAdded support for secondary preferential runways during strong tailwinds or crosswinds.
- FeatureAdded the ability to delete multiple saved airframes at once.
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profiles: B461, B462, B463, RJ70, RJ85, RJ1H.
- FeatureAdded new suggested routes source: VATSIM ATC-cleared routes.
- FeatureAdded new Max Cargo Weight airframe option.
- UpdateImproved wording for aircraft range exceedance warning.
- UpdateUpdated Rotate MD-11 export format to support routes without SID/STARs.
- FeatureAdded more visible warning and error messages to the Dispatch Output page.
- UpdateUpdated default AIRAC cycle to 2103.
- Bug FixFixed IVAO ATIS data feed.
- ChangeIncreased OFP retention time to 48 hours.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: PMDG 747-400X (FS2004).
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: Rotate MD-11.
- Bug FixFixed alternate count not updating correctly after dispatch redirect or when editing last flight.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect initial altitude when average track differed from initial track.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect alternate selection when changing airports after edit flight or dispatch redirect.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: C700.
- FeatureAdded support for takeoff and enroute alternates to the SimBrief API.
- FeatureAdded support for takeoff and enroute alternates to the Dispatch Redirect API.
- Bug FixFixed XML errors caused when SIGMETs contain invalid characters.
- UpdateUpdated various components to handle 7-digit SimBrief IDs.
- ChangeRoute suggestions are now more likely to avoid Ukrainian and Russian FIRs by default.
- FeatureAdded support for custom advanced alternate options when using Dispatch Redirect links.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect SID/STAR selection when forcing runways using Dispatch Redirect links.
- Bug FixFixed division by zero errors when using the JZA layout with the same origin and destination.
- Bug FixFixed advanced alternate options not populating when using Dispatch Redirect links.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect FPL units when entering eastern MNPS airspace.
- UpdateUpdated ICAO FPL string to include second alternate as applicable.
- Bug FixFixed Dispatch Options layout on Firefox 98.
- FeatureAdded "Full" selection to Freight option.
- Bug FixFixed possible navlog failures caused by strong low level winds on short flights.
- Bug FixFixed acdata JSON maxpax value being ignored when sent using Dispatch Redirect method.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect flight levels caused by outdated manual RAD DCT caps.
- ChangeBrackets are now accepted in the Aircraft Name and Engine Name options.
- UpdateUpdated NOTAM categories and filtering.
- UpdateImproved NOTAM classifications for airports with the same ICAO code as an FIR/UIR.
- UpdateImproved NOTAM query and processing speed.
- Bug FixFixed missing NAT tracks in SkyVector links on the Dispatch Options page.
- Bug FixFixed X-Plane .fms format user-defined waypoint encoding.
- Bug FixFixed missing system remarks when Fuel/Payload was limited by ETOPS fuel.
- Bug FixFixed blank routes possibly appearing in route suggestions.
- FeatureAdded additional ETOPS parameters to the SimBrief API.
- Bug FixFixed newlines in API dispatch remarks parameter.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: CL60.
- UpdateImproved runway selection logic to better handle aircraft with long takeoff rolls.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: CL60.
- UpdateUpdated various OFP layouts to support longer aircraft names.
- ChangeThe Dispatch Output page now shows actual (instead of requested) Extra Fuel.
- ChangeIncreased maximum aircraft name length to 20 characters.
- FeatureAdded new airframe option: Baggage Weight.
- UpdateUpdated OFP process to support new Baggage Weight option.
- UpdateUpdated API XML <weights> section to include new baggage weight option.
- UpdateUpdated Aerosoft CRJ route file to reflect the new baggage weight option.
- ChangePassenger baggage is now included in the Cargo section of the OFP (default 55 lbs per passenger).
- ChangeRenamed "Cargo" option to "Freight" on the Dispatch Options page, and added tooltip for clarity.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect ETOPS ETP placement for some airframes.
- ChangeIncreased ETOPS loop precision.
- Bug FixFixed possible truncated FMS downloads list on Dispatch Output page.
- Bug FixFixed occasional missing SIGMETs.
- UpdateImproved interactive map zooming feature.
- UpdateAdjusted random passenger count function.
- UpdateUpdated Aerosoft CRJ export format to include airways.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: CL60.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: BCS1, BCS3.
- UpdateAdjusted waypoint labels on enlarged version of the interactive map.
- Bug FixFixed airways with 6 character idents not being recognized by the route analyzer.
- FeatureAdded new routes source: TFMS Flight Data feed.
- UpdateImproved route suggestions by incorporating TFMS routes.
- UpdateImproved oceanic route builder by incorporating real world route segments from TFMS.
- UpdateImproved international route suggestions by querying future flights' filed routes, if available.
- UpdateUpdated route source icons and tooltips.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect city-pair caps due to typos in RAD Appendix 3.
- Bug FixFixed unnecessary Takeoff Alternate selection in some cases.
- Bug FixFixed rounding error potentially causing initial altitudes above service ceiling.
- Bug FixFixed runway selection when the METAR and TAF report different winds.
- Bug FixFixed poor performance of SID/STAR detection queries when storing historical routes.
- FeatureAdded transition altitudes and transition levels to the API XML data file.
- UpdateUpdated CRJX climb and descent profiles.
- Bug FixFixed blurry Leaflet retina tiles in Chrome 96.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect cruise mach when destination is located in oceanic airspace.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect climb speeds in the navlog when using the DC6.
- ChangeIncreased max passengers for the following aircraft profiles: A345, A346.
- UpdateImproved prioritization of real world routes based on aircraft type (prop vs jet).
- Bug FixFixed incorrect custom airframe selection when editing an API-generated flight.
- FeatureAdded "Show More Flights" button to the My Flights section.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: iFly Jets Advanced Series.
- UpdateImproved navlog fuel burns and times during climb phase.
- UpdateMinor adjustment to taxi burns for the following aircraft: A318, A319, A320, A20N, A321.
- UpdateImproved positioning of last waypoint when using the Route Finder in VOR-Only mode.
- Bug FixFixed DME stations being selected when using the Route Finder in VOR-Only mode.
- FeatureAdded support for local SID/STAR type exceptions.
- FeatureAdded support for EDDF STAR shortcuts via RAMOB.
- Bug FixFixed possible incomplete navlog on very long flights.
- UpdateUpdated SID/STAR selection logic to consider the aircraft's PBN codes.
- UpdateImproved route database prioritization based on RNAV/PBN capability.
- Bug FixFixed possible query errors when calling the Route Finder in VOR-only mode.
- UpdateUpdated route selection queries to exclude certain incomplete routes.
- FeatureAdded support for SID/STAR type restrictions to the Route Finder tool.
- FeatureAdded support for SID/STAR type restrictions (AIRAC 2110 and later).
- FeatureAdded logic to infer engine type and performance category if missing from aircraft profile.
- UpdateUpdated AIRAC database structure to support SID/STAR type restrictions.
- UpdateUpdated getroutes script to prioritize SID/STARs based on aircraft type/equipment.
- UpdateUpdated EU and FAXML route prioritization based on SID/STAR type restrictions.
- UpdateUpdated SRD route notes prioritization logic.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: MD11, MD1F.
- UpdateImproved VOR-only route finding around airports with few VORs.
- UpdateUpdated API XML image/flightplan URLs to use HTTPS.
- Bug FixFixed route parser failures caused by zero-space characters.
- Bug FixFixed VATSIM prefile failures due to lengthy FPL remarks.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: DC6.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect weights loading when using the new airframe sharing links.
- FeatureAdded Enroute Alternate and Takeoff Alternate range rings to the interactive map.
- FeatureAdded alternate airframe sharing links which reflect any post-sharing changes.
- FeatureAdded new airframe option to enter a custom service ceiling.
- UpdateImproved accuracy of Enroute Alternate search area.
- UpdateImproved handling of extra newlines after address headers in NAT tracks message.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect contingency fuel label affecting several OFP layouts.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect FPL units at Top of Descent.
- Bug FixFixed time schedule parsing error for multi-part NOTAMs.
- UpdateAdditional improvements to FPL units in NAT airspace.
- FeatureAdded dispatch remarks to the GWI layout.
- UpdateImproved detection/parsing of NAT message TMIs.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect REFU navlog value in the DLH layout.
- UpdateImproved FPL speed unit changeover points when on NAT tracks.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect selection of colocated VOR/NDB airway fixes.
- Bug FixCorrected FPL speed units for various FIRs (ex. EPWW, KZWY).
- ChangeMinor addition to the LIDO layout.
- ChangeMinor changes to the Dispatch Options page UI.
- UpdateApplied fixed mach logic to KZWY and LPPO FIRs.
- FeatureAdded custom airframe sorting to the Dispatch Options page.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: HDJT (HondaJet).
- Bug FixFixed uncaught invalid lat/long coordinates in route parser.
- ChangeMoved Weather and NOTAMs section on the Dispatch Output page.
- Bug FixFixed route parser errors when a SID or STAR shared the same identifier as an airway.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect airway via when the first occurrence of a waypoint was inside of an airway.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect airway via when preceding a duplicated waypoint.
- UpdateUpdated DLH layout to include dispatch remarks.
- FeatureAdded downloadable route format: Milviz.
- Bug FixFixed a rare bug which could result in missing navlog data for certain waypoints.
- Bug FixFixed possible layout errors when entering a single dispatcher name.
- FeatureAdded Dispatcher Name option.
- UpdateMinor improvements to route and profile prioritization for international routes.
- FeatureAdded "VOR Only" route option to the Route Finder tool.
- UpdateImproved default estimated altitude in Route Finder tool.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: DC6.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect processing of amended directs in RAD appendix 4.
- Bug FixFixed interactive leaflet map crash when toggling upper winds near the 180th meridian.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: C550.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: C750.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: A310.
- UpdateImproved polar route map orientation relative to the route.
- Bug FixFixed occasional spikes/glitches in vertical profile terrain contours.
- Bug FixFixed possible runway/route mismatch when dispatching through the SimBrief API.
- Bug FixFixed failures caused by sending invalid characters in the API type parameter.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: B350.
- Bug FixFixed manual step climbs not working on PBD waypoints.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could prevent some users from logging in to the Downloader.
- Bug FixFixed Navigraph login failing on early Chrome versions.
- Bug FixFixed other minor bugs affecting the Navigraph login.
- FeatureAdded option to log in to SimBrief using either a Navigraph or SimBrief account.
- FeatureAdded option to import previous account data when logging in through Navigraph.
- UpdateUpdated various API endpoints to handle both Navigraph and SimBrief account types.
- UpdateRedesigned Account Settings page for users logged in through Navigraph.
- Bug FixFixed multiple nested referrals potentially breaking the login redirect.
- Bug FixFixed Navigraph login failing on iOS 10-13 due to an iOS bug affecting session cookies.
- Bug FixFixed Navigraph login failing if cookie consent pop-up was clicked during redirect.
- Bug FixFixed Chromium translations causing invalid input and select options.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect ICAO code for E195.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect impact values in the API XML data file.
- FeatureAdded aircraft profile: SR22.
- FeatureAdded back-end support for preferential runways.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: E50P, E55P.
- Bug FixFixed backend NAT updater to handle incomplete/malformed TMI text.
- Bug FixFixed errors caused by entering excessive altitudes on certain aircraft.
- UpdateImproved accuracy of climb/descent wind component calculations.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile fuel burn: C404.
- Bug FixFixed possible bugs when evaluating airway restrictions on climb-out.
- Bug FixFixed potentially inaccurate climb profiles due to insufficient iterations.
- UpdateImproved navlog climb profile accuracy when evaluating airway restrictions.
- UpdateImproved step climb logic when the initial airway uses opposing flight levels.
- Bug FixFixed possibly exceeding inital airway level caps during climb-out.
- Bug FixFixed subsequent airway levels not being respected when TOC occurred near an airway boundary.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect altitude altitude selection when TOC occurred at a boundary waypoint.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect altitude selection on short flights having a mid-flight direction change.
- Bug FixFixed badly formatted user-defined PBN causing VATSIM prefile failure.
- UpdateImproved route parser handling of airways with 2 or more identically named fixes.
- Bug FixFixed step climb logic when the initial altitude is limited by the first 2 airways.
- ChangeRemoved leading and trailing DCTs from VATSIM prefile routes.
- UpdateAdjusted A20N profile service ceiling.
- Bug FixFixed a route parser bug affecting airways with 2 or more identically named fixes.
- Bug FixFixed filtering when the origin/destination is included in the route string.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect level caps caused by new 4-way levels table for LSAS FIR.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could result in a lower level cap than necessary.
- UpdateImproved fuel burn accuracy in certain scenarios by increasing navlog iterations.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause intermediate navlogs to be based on an incorrect ETOW.
- Bug FixFixed POSS EXTRA indication on DLH, GWI, and THY layouts.
- Bug FixFixed error importing into Navigraph Charts when using certain OFP layouts.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: A20N.
- Bug FixFixed weights glitch when loading a shared airframe.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause the next AIRAC cycle to be released a few hours early.
- Bug FixFixed possible missing waypoints in AivlaSoft EFB files.
- UpdateUpdated AIRAC unlocks to use the latest Navigraph API.
- UpdateUpdated background AIRAC import script to use the latest Navigraph API.
- Bug FixFixed fuel calculation errors associated with the A35K aircraft profile.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: PC12.
- UpdateImproved climb and descent wind forecast by considering the actual slope/profile.
- Bug FixFixed NAT updater returning invalid tracks data in rare cases.
- Bug FixFixed errors which could occur due to no published NAT tracks.
- UpdateUpdated back-end winds aloft updater to support new NOAA/GFS directory structure.
- UpdateUpdated crew count for the following aircraft: A30F, B48F, B74F, B75F, B76F, B77F, MD1F.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect fuel endurance value in prefile links.
- Bug FixFixed errors caused by manual step descents to negative altitudes.
- Bug FixFixed errors caused by invalid characters in SkyVector route strings.
- Bug FixFixed errors caused by missing ETOPS scenario data.
- Bug FixFixed errors caused by out-of-range terrain look-ups at -90 degrees latitude.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect database update times in API/XML data files.
- UpdateUpdated Aerosoft CRJ directories list to support the new MSFS verison.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect route analysis distance when skipping waypoints.
- Bug FixFixed error messages related to flights that far exceed an aircraft's range.
- Bug FixVarious other minor bug fixes.
- Bug FixFixed query errors caused by RAD restrictions referencing decommissioned airway segments.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect "HighAlt" route type in the FS2020 .pln format for flights at low levels.
- UpdateUpdated default Performance Codes for: A310, A332, A333, A342, A343, A359.
- UpdateUpdated DLH format to include the PER/ remark by default in the ICAO FPL string.
- UpdateImproved SID/STAR finding to support joining the procedure at an intermediate fix (FAA only).
- Bug FixFixed occasional failure to find SID/STARs on routes with a single waypoint.
- Bug FixFixed rounding error affecting the TLR PMRTW value.
- UpdateUpdated the AAL layout's MOT and Max Taxi calculations in accordance with FAR 117.
- Bug FixFixed possible incomplete XML/JSON data being returned by the XML Fetcher endpoint.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect airway via when a route reversal occurred just after a SID.
- UpdateUpdated FS2020 format to use FAA 3-letter airport codes as needed.
- Bug FixFixed potential incorrect airway via when a route reversal occurred just prior to the STAR.
- Bug FixFixed missing payload limitation remarks when the navlog was disabled.
- UpdateMigrated NOTAM database, feed, and synchronization functions to SWIM/SCDS.
- UpdateUpdated EASA contingency fuel logic.
- Bug FixFixed errors caused by entering a route waypoint at greater than 90 degrees latitude.
- Bug FixFixed a caching issue affecting PACOTS/AUSOTS on the interactive map.
- Bug FixFixed potentially unattainable step climbs when a short segment is bounded by 2 airway restrictions.
- FeatureAdded EASA contingency fuel option.
- FeatureAdded PER/ indicator to the RYR format FPL string by default.
- Bug FixFixed bugs related to sending invalid or empty acdata weight values.
- Bug FixFixed PBRN values in the RYR format flight log.
- UpdateImproved clearing/preservation of the static_id parameter on the Dispatch Options page.
- Bug FixFixed broken static_id XML fetcher queries when not dispatching through the API.
- Bug FixFixed unrecognized newline characters when passed through the manualrmk parameter.
- UpdateUpdated XML Fetcher API endpoint to support queries using static_id only.
- UpdateImproved alternate selection logic when planning into a remote airport.
- Bug FixFixed default selections not being inserted when using the Dispatch Redirect feature.
- UpdateImproved optimum altitude calculation method.
- UpdateMinor improvements to the optimum altitude calculation.
- Bug FixFixed possible missing options when editing an API-generated flight.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: B733, B734, B735.
- UpdateImproved handling of RAD Appendix 3 validity times.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect timeout error when uploading an Active Sky snapshot.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect preliminary scheduled time for very long flights.
- Bug FixFixed possible missing capitalization of manually chosen ETOPS airports.
- Bug FixFixed missing Caspian Sea when generating detailed flight maps.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: CONI (thanks to Brett Holcomb).
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could incorrectly alter a FlightAware route's SID/STAR transitions.
- Bug FixFixed unnecessary RAD route compilation caused by outdated STARs in the UK SRD.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profiles: C25C, C700.
- Bug FixFixed interactive map airports layer occasionally auto-showing when analyzing a route.
- ChangeRemoved "DCT" notation from VATSIM prefile routes for flights within the USA.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: B721.
- FeatureAdded additional Contingency Fuel options.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: B722.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: DA62.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: BE58.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: C208.
- UpdateImproved aircraft profile chart extrapolation method.
- ChangeIncreased LIDO format weights precision for small aircraft.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incorrect fuel factor display on the BER, AAL, and AWE formats.
- Bug FixMitigated possible invalid login token errors experienced by some users.
- Bug FixFixed back-end wind update script failure due to NOAA grib filter outage.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: A30B, A306, A30F.
- Bug FixFixed unnecessary date option creation when editing a previous flight.
- Bug FixFixed unrecognized Extra Fuel KG/MIN parameter when using the Dispatch Redirect method.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: A306, A30F.
- UpdateImproved internal ICAO to FAA equipment code conversion logic.
- UpdateImproved chart extrapolation below the minimum supported aircraft profile weight.
- Bug FixFixed broken VATSIM user detection due to the new prefile link.
- Bug FixFixed potentially incomplete PilotEdge prefile link.
- FeatureAdded downloadable route file for Microsoft Flight Simulator (FS2020).
- UpdateMigrated to VATSIM's new prefile tool (MyVATSIM).
- ChangeRemoved New Zealand SID/STARs from the route string when prefiling on VATSIM.
- UpdateImproved server-side Winds Aloft and SIGWX updater scripts.
- ChangeRemoved Australian SID/STARs from the route string when prefiling on VATSIM.
- Bug FixFixed "Cargo" option not defaulting to AUTO for user-defined cargo airframes.
- Bug FixFixed possible invalid Cost Index parameter causing errors during API requests.
- UpdateUpdated VATSIM and PilotEdge prefile links to use an airport's FAA code if no ICAO code exists.
- Bug FixFixed cross-origin cookies to prevent possible API login issues in upcoming Chrome releases.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect <shear> values in the API/XML data file.
- Bug FixFixed a rare climb/descent distance interpolation bug resulting in multiple navlog errors.
- UpdateUpdated POSCON prefile link.
- FeatureAdded JSON support to the XML Fetcher API endpoint.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect high-speed operational impacts on the UAL '18 and AFR '12 formats.
- FeatureAdded EDI-GLA route resource link.
- UpdateUpdated route resource links to use HTTPS as applicable.
- Bug FixFixed unnecessary "Payload Limited" remark when manually selecting the aircraft's maximum ZFW.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: A30B, A306, A30F.
- Bug FixFixed operational impacts (high CI) value possibly exceeding available chart data.
- UpdateImproved query caching and response times for the main route fetcher script.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profiles: A30B, A30F.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: A306.
- UpdateUpdated the DAL layout fuel breakdown section.
- UpdateUpdated the "Leonardo MD80 (ACARS)" format to support the OFP ETOPS section.
- Bug FixFixed rare invalid GCmap images caused by certain FAA airport codes.
- UpdateUpdated downloadable FMS format: Leonardo MD80 (ACARS).
- UpdateUpdated the DAL (Delta) OFP layout.
- Bug FixFixed missing VATSIM Prefile remarks when using the DAL layout.
- Bug FixFixed potentially sluggish European airway decoding/renaming for users on an outdated AIRAC.
- ChangeIncreased general AJAX timeout to 60 seconds on the Dispatch Options page.
- FeatureAdded logic to infer additional IFPS compliant routes from the UK SRD when different runways require different initial routings.
- UpdateRefined UK SRD notes filtering and route prioritisation.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profiles: AT43, AT45, AT46, AT72, AT73, AT75, AT76.
- Bug FixFixed a bug where a units change could appear after the STAR in a route.
- Bug FixVarious minor bug fixes and code improvements.
- FeatureAdded valid/invalid feedback when manually editing the Aircraft Data JSON option.
- FeatureAdded support for the "acdata" parameter to the Dispatch Redirect feature.
- UpdateUpdated the X-Plane 11 format to support more than 100 custom fixes.
- Bug FixFixed occasional "Invalid Response" message when creating a New Flight.
- Bug FixFixed TAF formatting within interactive map alternate airport pop-ups.
- FeatureAdded real world D-ATIS data feed to the weather database (USA only).
- FeatureAdded D-ATIS display to the Dispatch Output weather section.
- FeatureAdded D-ATIS display to the Database Query tool.
- UpdateImproved responsiveness by caching identical Route Finder requests.
- FeatureAdded logic to prevent multiple concurrent Route Finder processes by the same user.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: DC86.
- UpdateUpdated the X-Plane 11 .fms format to use an airport's FAA code if no ICAO code exists.
- Bug FixFixed certain API parameters not being inserted when editing a previous flight.
- FeatureAdded support for pre-validated route sorting based on the departure runway.
- Bug FixCorrected default fuel capacity for the DC6 aircraft profile.
- ChangeInternal RAD restrictions are now also updated using the RAD Increment File.
- Bug FixFixed a route parsing bug which could wrongly join 2 separate airway segments.
- ChangeCustom airframes can now be passed to the Dispatch Options page via the "type" parameter.
- FeatureAdded new basic aircraft profiles (accuracy not guaranteed): BCS1, BCS3.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable FMS format: FlightFactor 757 V2.
- Bug FixFixed a minor bug with the format alias detection/logic.
- FeatureAdded logic to ignore large airway-induced stepdowns if they only last for one waypoint.
- Bug FixFixed possible custom airframe Internal ID conflicts.
- Bug FixFixed wrong Internal ID being displayed when copying an airframe.
- ChangeCustom airframes with the same registration are now subsorted by comments.
- Bug FixFixed API key verification error when passing multiple parameters in the redirect URL.
- Bug FixFixed API trimming registrations longer than 8 characters.
- Bug FixFixed same departure/destination feature not working for some flights.
- ChangeRemoved extra/unnecessary HTML tags from company NOTAM text.
- FeatureAdded logic to avoid arrival runways without any published approaches.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: DC3 (thanks to Brett Holcomb).
- FeatureAdded new maps option: "Route Only".
- FeatureEnabled same departure/arrival flights if a route longer than 10nm is entered.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft type: CRJ-550.
- UpdateIncreased the frequency of backend VATSIM/IVAO/PilotEdge ATIS updates.
- Bug FixFixed automatic alternate selection for same departure/arrival flights.
- Bug FixCorrected route analysis text for same departure/arrival flights.
- Bug FixFixed broken backend VATSIM ATIS updater.
- Bug FixFixed alternate airport pop-up TAF formatting on the interactive map.
- UpdateImproved filtering for obstacle NOTAMs issued within North America.
- Bug FixFixed missing SID/STAR suggestions for FlightAware routes that join the procedure at an unpublished transition fix.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect API XML min_takeoff and plan_landing fuel values when using certain OFP layouts.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles with additional cruising speeds: A319, A320, A321.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect weight/altitude/speed impacts on the BAW and DLH formats.
- Bug FixFixed possible incorrect altitude profile when specifying a manual step climb prior to the TOC.
- Bug FixFixed caching of map data downloads.
- ChangeMap data download error messages are now more descriptive.
- FeatureAdded button to the Dispatch Options page to reset the departure time to the current date.
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profile: GLF4 (thanks to Loïc Abbé-Fouillet).
- Bug FixFixed the wrong date being loaded when editing a past flight using a date over 1 year in the past.
- ChangeLoading a Dispatch History flight from the My Flights section no longer resets the date/runways/alternate options.
- FeatureAdded support for negative extra fuel values in the BER, AFR'17, and DLH formats.
- ChangeContingency fuel is no longer removed when trying to plan a flight exceeding max range.
- FeatureAdded new OFP layout: EIN (Aer Lingus).
- UpdateMinor layout tweaks applied to the LIDO format.
- Bug FixFixed poor route suggestions for Irish city-pairs not included in the UK SRD.
- Bug FixFixed enroute alternate selection for airports forecasting TS outside of the suitability period.
- Bug FixFixed minor formatting issue affecting single-part NAT tracks messages.
- Bug FixMinor general bug fixes.
- FeatureAdded new custom, self-hosted map tiles for the interactive map.
- FeatureAdded required back end files, authentication methods, and logging for the new map tile service.
- FeatureAdded CARTO Voyager and Positron alternative tile layers.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could produce an invalid Map JS definition when generating a flight plan.
- Bug FixFixed a rare route parser query error caused by poorly escaped waypoint idents.
- Bug FixFixed extra carriage return characters in ETOPS airport METAR/TAF pop-up bubbles.
- ChangeRemoved Wikimedia alternative tile layer due to new policy restrictions.
- ChangeUser sessions are now automatically renewed periodically while on applicable system pages.
- FeatureAdded new POSCON prefile link.
- FeatureAdded PilotEdge prefile link to the API XML data file.
- Bug FixFixed minor nuisance errors related to extreme/unrealistic ETOPS scenarios.
- Bug FixFixed possible rounding errors when saving/loading custom airframes using kilograms.
- Bug FixFixed a possible wrong airway level selection when within 1 degree of the directional cutoff.
- Bug FixRebuilt AIRAC 2004 as it was originally imported using the wrong database engine.
- UpdateImproved altitude step logic for alternate routes with multiple large course changes.
- Bug FixFixed faulty altitude selection if multiple course changes occurred close to an FIR boundary.
- Bug FixVarious minor bug fixes.
- Bug FixFixed excessive SimAware redirects caused by bots crawling the Stats page.
- Bug FixFixed division by zero warnings when entering a custom passenger weight of 1 lb.
- Bug FixFixed minor PHP 7 bugs and warnings.
- ChangeInvalid historical routes using outdated NAT tracks are now expanded into random routes.
- Bug FixFixed "Unknown Aircraft" API error when passing a custom "type" and a partial "acdata" string.
- Bug FixFixed minor PHP 7 bugs and warnings.
- ChangeIf the user's AIRAC cycle doesn't support any current IFPS compliant routes, previous IFPS compliant routes are now suggested instead.
- ChangeThe Dispatch Output page now correctly shows custom ICAO aircraft codes in the summary.
- Bug FixFixed minor bugs and nuisance warnings.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable route file: phpVMS ACARS.
- Bug FixFixed API requests not correctly falling back on a custom airframe's Fuel Factor.
- Bug FixFixed minor PHP 7 warnings.
- Bug FixFixed more minor PHP 7 warnings.
- Bug FixFixed more minor PHP 7 warnings and incompatibilities.
- UpdateRestored custom forum style.
- Bug FixFixed various PHP 7 incompatibilities.
Released: 2020-03-19- Major Update - *** Major Update ***
- UpdateMigrated to a new, more powerful server due to increased website popularity.
- UpdateMigrated from PHP 5 to PHP 7 for all website scripts.
- UpdateUpdated phpBB forum software.
- UpdateUpdated registration and profile functions for compatibility with the new forums.
- UpdateUpdated website news, change log, and NOTAM scripts for compatibility with the new forums.
- UpdateUpdated default AIRAC cycle to 1903.
- Bug FixFixed extra carriage return characters in Leaflet map tooltips.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: C56X.
- ChangeThe 'Z' equipment code is now removed if no associated COM/DAT/NAV remarks are defined.
- FeatureAdded the ability to use custom airframes with API requests by passing their Internal ID.
- FeatureAdded <acdata> and <acdata_parsed> tags to the <api_params> XML data file tag.
- FeatureAdded XML formatted aircraft/layout parameters list for use by API users.
- Bug FixFixed rounding error when entering an airframe passenger weight of 104 kilograms.
- FeatureAdded aircraft/layout parameters list for use by API users.
- ChangeFlights using the EZY format now use BSL as the IATA code for LFSB.
- FeatureAdded internal support for 3 letter FAA airport identifiers.
- FeatureAdded FAA identifiers to the API XML data for applicable airports.
- Bug FixCorrected SkyVector links to use 3 letter FAA identifiers instead of pseudo ICAO codes.
- FeatureAdded routelabel and improved fuelstats API parameters.
- FeatureAdded IVAO prefile feature compatible with their new pilot client.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: CRJX (CRJ-1000).
- Bug FixFixed an included script potentially overwriting an array key in the getAltnsData function.
- FeatureAdded "Sim-Avionics" and "Aerosoft Airbus EFB" formats to the API XML <files> list.
- Bug FixFixed Apache redirect when linking directly to the "TFDi Design 717" and "ProSim 737" formats.
- Bug FixFixed the "find_sidstar" API parameter (broken since adding pre-processing info to the API pop-up).
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause the IFPS route/segment builder to run unnecessarily.
- FeatureWhen no IFPS compliant routes are available, the system will now attempt to build a route using airway segments from other IFPS compliant routes.
- Bug FixFixed handling of API calls containing an invalid OFP layout (ex. "UAL '14" vs "UAL F:WZ").
- FeatureAdded new OFP/PDF Download for use with the upcoming Aerosoft A330 EFB.
- UpdateUpdated various scripts/functions to make it easier to add alias formats in the future.
- Bug FixFixed possible wind query errors caused by simultaneous wind table pruning.
- Bug FixFixed possible missing ETP/CP points when using manually defined ETOPS airports.
- FeatureAdded new "Share Aircraft" feature to the My Fleet section.
- Bug FixFixed a possible out-of-range longitude occurring within the ETOPS calculation.
- Bug FixFixed a possible wind-fetch error when attempting to fetch an out-of-range longitude.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could prevent the Extra FPL remarks feature from working properly.
- UpdateImplemented a new database structure for storing/reading winds aloft data.
- UpdateImproved underlying winds aloft data resolution, timespan, and vertical coverage.
- UpdateRewrote several key wind functions in support of the new winds database.
- UpdateUpdated various OFP formats and other scripts in support of the new winds database.
- UpdateOptimized/modernized several background atmospheric/wind updater scripts.
- ChangeWinds aloft data is now available from 7 days in the past up to 36 hours in the future.
- ChangeMap zooming in the Database Query section now adjusts depending on screen size.
- ChangeThe winds aloft time on the Interactive Map now defaults to the current time.
- FeatureAdded advisory pop-up if a past departure date is inserted when editing a previous flight.
- UpdateUpdated various portions of the BAW layout based on recent OFPs.
- UpdateAdjusted margins and spacing for some PDF outputs.
- Bug FixFixed extra line breaks in TAFs containing PROB30 TEMPO conditions.
- UpdateImproved runway predictions using the latest TAF forecast, where applicable.
- UpdateUpdated IFPS Validation pop-up message style and text.
- ChangeETOPS fuel line removed from page 1 of the BAW format for non-ETOPS flights.
- FeatureAdded PER/ info to the BAW layout FPL string by default.
- FeatureAdded the ability to remove default FPL info via the ExtraRMK airframe option.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect ordering of the RVR/ info in all FPL strings.
- FeatureMap zooming in the Database Query section now opens a modal pop-up window.
- UpdateMinor updates to the automated e-mailer HTML template.
- Bug FixVarious minor fixes to the background NAT updater script.
- FeatureAdded additional pre-processing info to the API pop-up window progress bar.
- UpdateUpdated API pop-up window login styling to match the main website.
- UpdateUpdated RAD level cap parser to skip restrictions not applicable to the current AIRAC.
- UpdateImproved progress bar smoothing during the OFP creation process.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that could prevent saved selections from loading in certain browsers.
- FeatureAdded new "Altitude" option to the Alternate Airports section.
- Bug FixFixed text/select input size inconsistencies on Safari.
- ChangeThe Alternate Route fields now automatically expand as required during editing.
- ChangeMinor changes to the BER layout ETOPS/ADDFU/EXTRA fuel breakdown.
- FeatureAdded the ability to specify an Extra Fuel amount in either KG/LBS or Minutes.
- FeatureAdded VATSIM ATIS information to the Dispatch Output page.
- FeatureAdded active VATSIM flights to the System Status (Recent OFPs) page.
- FeatureAdded dynamic routings for eastbound NAT flights (using daily tracks and FlightAware).
- FeatureAdded new downloadable route file: FSX/P3D (No SID/STAR).
- FeatureAdded new Expanded Suggested Routes pop-up to the Dispatch Options page.
- UpdatePre-validated routes from previous AIRACs now feature a grayscale Eurocontrol logo.
- Bug FixFixed a server-side socket.io crash caused when too many users were connected at once.
- UpdateMinor adjustment to the Leonardo MD80 (ACARS) FMS format.
- Bug FixCorrected default C208 profile MZFW and OEW values.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause an XML API/Fetcher error for flights without a navlog.
- ChangeDisabled IFPS Validation redirect as EuroFPL's public tool has been taken offline.
- FeatureAdded dynamic routings for westbound NAT flights (using daily tracks and UK SRD data).
- UpdateImproved historical route exclusion logic (gaps of > 2000nm are now discarded).
- ChangeDisabled browser spell check for most text inputs on the Dispatch Options page.
- UpdateUpdated B748 and B48F default OEW to match the ones used by PMDG.
- Bug FixFixed API SID/STAR selection when specifying runways without an associated route.
- FeatureAdded "find_sidstar" API parameter to enable SID/STAR inserting into a provided route.
- Bug FixFixed RNAV/Non-RNAV SID/STAR prioritization for airports with internal SID/STAR exclusion rules.
- Bug FixFixed "taxiout" and "taxiin" URL/GET parameters not filling properly on the Options page.
- FeatureAdded additional/missing ALTN airports to the interactive route map airports overlay.
- UpdateUpdated alternate selection logic to favour airports within the same country as the destination.
- Bug FixFixed missing SIGMET data in the API XML data file.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the IFPZ SID/STAR exclusion function affecting routes without SID/STARs.
- ChangeRemoved SID/STARs from the VATSIM prefile route for most airports within the IFPZ.
- UpdateModified passenger/baggage weight distribution on the AFR17 and KLM formats.
- FeatureAdded support for complete SID/STARs, including runway transitions.
- UpdateAdjusted interactive map route label display conditions.
- ChangeMinor addition to the Leonardo MD80 (ACARS) downloadable FMS format.
- Bug FixFixed a rare bug affecting aircraft with a certified ceiling lower than the enroute terrain.
- UpdateUpdated internal AIRAC database structure to support SID/STAR runway transitions.
- FeatureAdded pop-up SID/STAR selection window if multiple procedures are available.
- FeatureWhen finding SID/STARs, RNAV/non-RNAV procedures are now prioritized as applicable.
- FeatureAdded zoom-dependant waypoint labels to the interactive route map.
- FeatureAdded boundary crossings to the EZY format navlog section.
- Bug FixFixed unit display bug when clicking "Undo Changes" on the Airframe Options page.
- Bug FixFixed a NAT parsing error caused by incorrect/mismatched message source addresses.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: IVAO/IVAP (Default.fpl).
- FeatureAdded UTC time display to the Dispatch section pages.
- FeatureAdded <general><stepclimb_string> element to the API XML file.
- FeatureAdded backup METAR/TAF database updater in case of a primary data source outage.
- Bug FixRebuilt NOTAMs database to remove any missed/expired NOTAMs.
- UpdateUpdated the PDF/watermark logo.
- ChangeNow only un-cancelled flight plans will increment the release number.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: SF50.
- ChangeCustom airframes now accept ICAO codes 2 to 4 characters in length.
- ChangeNew AIRAC cycles will now only be listed once Navigraph officially releases them.
- FeatureAdded new "Cruise Level Offset" option to the custom airframe properties.
- FeatureAdded SIGMET data to the API XML file.
- UpdateImproved the UAD wind plate background process recovery following a wind outage.
- Bug FixFixed background process GRIB source links following changes to NOAA's server.
- Bug FixFixed invalid JSON characters potentially causing the Edit/Load Flight page to fail.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: LJ25.
- UpdateMinor updates to the EZY layout.
- UpdateUpdated internal AIDAP/FAA NOTAM updater to use the TLS v1.2 protocol.
- ChangeInternal Navigraph/currentcycle requests are now briefly cached to avoid excessive calls.
- FeatureAdded "Copy" function to the My Fleet section.
- FeatureAdded backup NAT Track message source in case the primary PilotWeb/FAA source goes offline.
- Bug FixFixed SID/STAR long-name parsing error when joining the procedure at an intermediate fix.
- UpdateUpdated B77L, B77F, and B77W default OEW values with those used by PMDG.
- Bug FixFixed NOAA/IRSAT image synchronisation issue caused by recently renamed source files.
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profile: B732.
- FeatureAdded more detailed <tracks> data to the API XML data file.
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profiles: E135, E140, E145.
- FeatureAdded internal support for manual euro DCT altitude caps.
- Bug FixFixed a rare API XML parsing bug caused by invalid/cut UTF-8 characters.
- ChangeThe passenger count is now limited based on payload constraints when the Passengers option is left in "AUTO".
- UpdateUpdated several portions of the AFR 2017 format based on new data that was received.
- ChangeVarious fixes to the XIVAP downloadable format.
- FeatureAdded internal support for mid-airway altitude/RAD restrictions.
- FeatureAdded "Flight Information" page to the beginning of the AFR 2017 layout.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect FIR crossing points in the AFR 2017 alternate navlog section.
- Bug FixFixed a caching bug which could cause outdated NAT tracks on the interactive Leaflet map.
- ChangeIncreased engine name length limit to 20 characters. Certain OFP formats may trim engine names longer than 12 characters due to space constraints.
- UpdateMinor adjustments to the Leonardo MD80 (ACARS) route file.
- FeatureAdded <pax_weight> field to the <weights> section of the API XML data file.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect cargo figure when using a custom passenger weight in applicable OFP formats (LIDO, BER, DAL, JBU, JZA, KLM).
- Bug FixFixed incorrect cargo figure in the API XML data file when using a custom passenger weight.
- Bug FixFixed incorrect cargo/passenger weight numbers in the Aerosoft CRJ route file.
- Bug FixFixed a rare bug caused by invalid characters appearing inside the API/XML data file.
- FeatureAdded new <route_navigraph> element to the API XML data file.
- UpdateMinor adjustments to the LIDO layout to accommodate longer registrations.
- ChangeIncreased allowable registration length to 10 characters on the Options and Fleet pages.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable FMS file: Leonardo MD80 (ACARS).
- ChangeThe X-IVAP format now attempts to trim FPL remarks so they fit inside X-IVAP's 100 character limit. If unsuccessful, it simply removes all remarks and inserts "RMK/SIMBRIEF".
- Bug FixFixed a potential hash mismatch within the "change username" account function.
- UpdateImproved underlying SID/STAR identifier conversion when a route is manually entered using 7 character procedure names instead of the shortened 6 character names.
- UpdateModified the API XML <atc><route> element to use the 6 character SID/STAR idents.
- ChangeThe 7 character SID/STAR route string can now be found under <atc><route_ifps>.
- FeatureAdded RAD APP4 altitude restriction awareness to the IFPS route validation tool.
- Bug FixFixed a possible offset error when entering an invalid airframe "Extra FPL RMK" value.
- Bug FixFixed a rare undefined TAF error within the EZY format.
- Bug FixFixed undefined TOALTN IATA code error within the JZA format.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: B762 (B767-200ER).
- ChangeIncreased A318, A319, and A320 default weight limits (WV005, WV010, WV017 respectively).
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: B742 (B747-200).
- UpdateUpdated navlog script to consider/respect the altitude limits published in RAD Appendix 4.
- FeatureAdded internal RAD Appendix 4 database parser for future use.
- UpdateUpdated internal Route Finder DCTs table.
- FeatureAdded SID/STAR full-name translations to the API/XML <route_ifps> field.
- ChangeReverted to database SID/STAR names for the API/XML <route> field.
- FeatureAdded airframe-specific "Passenger Weight" option to the My Fleet section.
- FeatureWhen automatically choosing departure/arrival runways, preference is now given to runways which have SIDs/STARs.
- FeatureAdded GRD (Global Route Database) link above the Route box on the Options page.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: C25A (Citation CJ2).
- Bug FixFixed potential rounding error on the Options page affecting the ZFW and Cargo options.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: FA50 (Falcon 50EX).
- FeatureAdded proper FAA equipment codes derived from the aircraft's ICAO equipment string.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the IFPS Validator which could result in missing altitude restrictions.
- FeatureAdded a dedicated Changelog page to the main website.
- FeatureAdded support for a new custom Airframe field: "Extra FPL Remarks".
- FeatureAdded code to handle invalid API/acdata parameters sent using single vs. double quotes.
- UpdateImplemented the new Extra FPL Remarks feature into the various OFP Layouts.
- UpdateReplaced references to "CFMU" with "IFPS" across the various system pages.
- Bug FixMinor fix to airway-specific Euro AltCaps function.
- Bug FixCorrected potentially incorrect initial climb altitudes on routes where the TOC occurs on an airway using non-standard flight levels.
- ChangeThe API's manualrmk parameter now converts multiple sequential "+" characters to a newline.
- UpdateThe route parser now recognizes SID/STAR transitions (ex. NESTI6C out of LIML).
- Bug FixFixed a rare error which could occur when sending a huge cargo value via the API.
- ChangeRemoved DCTs from the Squawkbox and vPilot downloadable route files.
- UpdateImproved initial STAR suggestions for EGLL arrivals.
- UpdateApplied a custom monospace font to the "Paperwork Preview" and "Weather NOTAM" sections.
- FeatureAdded new "Weather and NOTAMS" subsection to the Dispatch Output page.
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profile: B78X.
- UpdateUpdated FSLabs Uplink filename, target directory, and usage instructions.
- FeatureAdded multiple alternates and takeoff/enroute alternate weather to API/XML data files.
- UpdateApplied SID/STAR full-name translations to the API/XML data files.
- Bug FixFixed malformed FPL errors in the CFMU pre-validator script.
- UpdateThe runway selection script now considers active runways reported by the PilotEdge ATIS API.
- UpdateUpdated Alternate/ETOPS airport marker to include lowest forecast data.
- UpdateMinor visual tweaks to the Alternate/ETOPS airport markers.
- Bug FixFixed unnecessary repeated marker refreshes when typing a new origin/destination.
- Bug FixFixed faulty Alternate/ETOPS airport marker weather ranges.
- FeatureAdded color-coded alternate airports feature to the interactive Leaflet map.
- Bug FixCorrected slightly misaligned alternate/ETOPS airport markers on the interactive Leaflet map.
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profile: E55P (Phenom 300).
- UpdateApplied reduced default passenger count when creating a new freighter airframe.
- UpdateMinor spacing adjustment to the BAW format NOTAM section.
- FeatureAdded Takeoff Alternate and Enroute Alternate lines to the EZY format ASC section.
- UpdateUpdated back-end GRIB downloader script to handle NOAA's new HTTPS redirect.
- Bug FixFixed a navlog bug which could give a missing index error while checking future airway restrictions.
- FeatureAdded Enroute Alternate support to the following formats: BAW, RYR, DLH, EZY, KLM, ETD.
- FeatureAdded limited advanced alternate support to remaining formats: JBU, JZA, SWA.
- FeatureAdded auto text-resize feature to the Aircraft Type dropdown option.
- UpdateUpdated BER and KLM formats to display NOTAMs for Takeoff/Enroute Alternates.
- UpdateTweaked handling of custom airframe comments for the Aircraft Type dropdown option.
- UpdateRedesigned the TAF parser to better consider previous hours and properly handle BECMG periods.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that could misidentify the airway ident if the same fix appeared twice in a route.
- Bug FixFixed an occasional empty route being inserted between route suggestions.
- Bug FixFixed possible broken layout when tabbing through inputs on the Options page.
- Bug FixMinor correction to the CONS figure on the AFR'17 format's alternate navlog.
- ChangeRe-styled website checkboxes to achieve uniformity across all browsers.
- UpdateUpdated UAL '14 format with advanced alternate parameters and full SID/STAR names.
- UpdateMade numerous improvements and updates to the UAL '14 format.
- UpdateUpdated internal navlog process to enable Class II airspace detection.
- UpdateUpdated BER format with advanced alternate parameters and full SID/STAR names.
- UpdateUpdated UAE format with advanced alternate parameters and full SID/STAR names.
- Bug FixCorrected the RYR format's FINRES figure.
- UpdateUpdated ACA format with advanced alternate parameters and full SID/STAR names.
- UpdateUpdated AFR '17 format with advanced alternate parameters and full SID/STAR names.
- Bug FixMinor correction to FIR NOTAM labeling for advanced alternate airports.
- FeatureAdded Enroute Alternate input to the Options page (in the "Alternate Airports" section).
- FeatureAdded Enroute Alternate depiction feature to the interactive Leaflet map.
- FeatureAdded Enroute Alternate support to the default LIDO format. Other formats will follow soon.
- FeatureAdded "Static ID" functionality to the SimBrief API.
- Bug FixCorrected incorrect Sched Time Enroute, Cont Fuel, and Cargo options when subsequently editing an API flight.
- Bug FixFixed occasional erroneous optimum altitude selection for short flights at low altitudes.
- FeatureAdded a "Disable" button to the takeoff alternate options section for convenience.
- FeatureAdded protections against using the departure airport as a takeoff alternate.
- FeatureAdded takeoff alternate depiction to the interactive Leaflet map.
- FeatureAdded takeoff alternate label feature to the OFP detailed flight maps.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the alternates-finder script relating to an unexpected empty array.
- FeatureAdded Takeoff Alternate input to the Options page (in the "Alternate Airports" section).
- UpdateUpdated Takeoff Alternate selection logic in support of new "Search Distance" option.
- Bug FixFixed a rare navlog process failure when a waypoint with a very low max-alt is used.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could occur in the KLM format when using a legacy aircraft profile.
- UpdateUpdated EZY and KLM formats with advanced alternate parameters and full SID/STAR names.
- UpdateApplied various bug fixes and improvements to the KLM format.
- UpdateImproved duplicate NOTAM recognition and filtering.
- Bug FixFixed possible missing validity periods for certain ICAO NOTAMs.
- FeatureAdded code to identify vector SIDs/STARs, even if they contain no waypoints in the database.
- FeatureAdded separate "New Flight" and "Edit Flight" quick-links to the main system navigation.
- UpdateRedesigned the Account Settings page to be more user friendly.
- UpdateUpdated numerous system icons with higher resolution and/or improved versions.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could occur when sorting airframes by comments.
- FeatureAdded SID/STAR full name support (inferred by checking contained fixes/idents).
- UpdateUpdated CFMU SID/STAR name correction function using the above new method.
- UpdateApplied full SID/STAR names to SkyVector, Squawkbox, vPilot, and IVAP file formats.
- UpdateApplied full SID/STAR names to VATSIM Prefile routings.
- UpdateUpdated the LIDO format to display full SID/STAR names on the OFP. More formats to come.
- UpdateUpdated the BAW, DLH, RYR, ETD formats to display full SID/STAR names.
- Bug FixFixed internal missing database/table errors associated with manually added airports.
- Bug FixFixed a rare offset error when generating terrain profile for routes shorter than 10nm.
- Bug FixFixed a rare offset error when segmenting SIGWX charts for routes exactly 1800nm long.
- Bug FixFixed inaccurate ALTN and RESV fuel amounts when using very large Cargo/Extra Fuel values.
- Bug FixFixed query error when checking Runway/SID validity for custom (manually added) airports.
- Bug FixFixed rare index error when inferring Euro airway caps from similar routes.
- Bug FixFixed a rare regex error caused by improperly escaped route fixes.
- Bug FixFixed a bug introduced by misordered DME additions to the VORs database.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which made it possible to use the same airport as both destination and alternates 2-4.
- Bug FixVarious other minor bug fixes and code improvements.
- ChangeMinor change to the displayed NOTAM time period on the LIDO format.
- ChangeCat/Equipment/Transponder ACDATA parameters sent via the API are now ignored if empty.
- ChangePBD route fixes are now ignored if more than 6 trailing digits are entered.
- FeatureCreated a new internal routes database with an improved, more efficient structure. All past routes will now be saved for possible use, instead of only the 5 latest ones.
- UpdateIntegrated the new routes database into the various route fetching functions. This should improve the quality and variety of SimBrief's route suggestions.
- Bug FixMinor correction to the EZY format.
- ChangeBegan migrating legacy routes table to the new database (~2 days remaining until completion).
- ChangeBegan retroactively reading past OFP routes into the new database (~1 day until completion).
- FeatureAdded DME-only stations to SimBrief's AIRAC databases.
- UpdateUpdated the EZY format to include the Fin number in the MSN space.
- UpdateImproved API scheduled time default calculation.
- Bug FixFixed default airframe Cost Index not being loaded properly in certain cases.
- Bug FixCorrected incorrect FINRES value in the Alternate section of the LIDO and ETD formats.
- ChangeCapped EXTRA / POSS figure in BER format to fuel tank capacity.
- FeatureAdded FIR boundaries to the UAE format navlog.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could lock the Options page for iPad users using Google Chrome.
- UpdateTweaked passenger count randomizer (loads less than 75% are now much less likely).
- UpdateModified PDF script to fetch images locally. Should eliminate occasional nuisance HTTP errors.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could display the wrong alternate METAR/TAF when editing a previous flight.
- Bug FixFixed various bugs related to SID procedures having the same name as an airway waypoint.
- FeatureAdded code to detect/correct missing directional airway caps in the AIRAC database.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: TBM9.
- UpdateAdded/improved EU airway restrictions by analyzing similar routings.
- FeatureAdded support for manual airway caps to the pre-generated CFMU Validation tool.
- Bug FixFixed manual altitudes not being properly stripped when storing/reading Suggested Routes.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause the alternates script to fail for manually defined airports.
- FeatureAdded rain/snow radar feature to the interactive map (courtesy of
- UpdateImproved selection of EU pre-validated routes for prop aircraft.
- UpdateImproved EU Altitude Cap function to account for enroute FIR/UIR conditions.
- UpdateVarious improvements to the UK SRD route selector script.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the altitude optimizer which could erroneously avoid step-downs in EU airspace.
- ChangeRoutes are now automatically analyzed on the Dispatch Options page.
- FeatureAdded protections to help reduce the server load at peak hours.
- UpdateImproved ordering of the Aircraft Types list on the Options page.
- FeatureThe routes database now contains most Standard Routes included in the UK's SRD Document.
- FeatureUK Standard Routes are selected based on the aircraft type and estimated cruise altitude.
- FeatureAdded additional level capping as defined in the UK SRD Document.
- UpdateTweaked optimum/maximum altitude definitions for the following profiles: B748, B48F.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: B48F (B747-8F).
- UpdateAdjusted B748 fuel profile.
- ChangeLimited all freighter aircraft to 25 passengers by default.
- ChangeThe cargo option now defaults to "AUTO" when selecting a freighter aircraft.
- UpdateImprovements to the European routes pre-validation script.
- UpdateUpdated European free-route directs database.
- FeatureAdded manual airway/altitude cap definitions to handle difficult European city-pairs.
- UpdateAdditional improvements to the European routes pre-validation script.
- UpdatePre-validated European routes with repeating airways are now trimmed if possible.
- UpdateExpanded European pre-validation feature to include some Europe to Non-Europe routes.
- UpdateGeneral improvements to the European routes pre-validation script.
- UpdateVarious improvements to the European routes pre-validation script.
- UpdatePre-validated European routes are now filtered based on the selected aircraft's service ceiling.
- Bug FixFixed automatic SID/STAR selection for single-waypoint European routes.
- FeatureAdded support for European level capping when via/not via certain routes.
- FeatureCreated background processes and database infrastructure in support of this new feature.
- UpdateValid European routes are now prioritized where possible (limited city-pairs for now).
- Bug FixCorrected handling of bi-directional European city-pair flight level capping limits.
- FeatureAdded improved AIRAC selection/unlocking options to the Dispatch Options page.
- Bug FixFixed a filtering bug that prevented NAT tracks from updating at the beginning of a new month.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: AivlaSoft EFB v2.
- FeatureAdded preliminary support for European RAD city-pair flight level capping limits.
- FeatureAdded logic to prevent the altitude optimizer from selecting FL180 in most circumstances.
- Bug FixFixed a bug where the altitude optimizer might not respect an airway's minimum altitude.
- UpdateTweaked PACOTS and AUSOTS crossover/refresh times.
- FeatureAdded PACOTS and AUSOTS features to the interactive map.
- Bug FixFixed potentially faulty FPL string being passed to the CFMU validator from the Options page.
- UpdateImproved handling of inconsistent NAT Track source availability.
- Bug FixMinor correction to the FeelThere (*.nz2k.fpl) format.
- UpdateModified PilotEdge pre-file link to include callsign dashes.
- UpdateUpdated various airlines' ICAO/IATA codes.
- UpdateImproved automatic corrections for faulty/trimmed FlightAware routes.
- Bug FixCorrected reserve fuel in AUTO mode to 30 minutes for slow jet aircraft.
- UpdateImproved support for fictional airfields (ex. VHHX - Kai Tak).
- Bug FixFixed SID/STAR runway validity for fictional airfields.
- Bug FixFixed a rare bug where the EZFW might be incorrect at weights close to MTOW.
- ChangeReverted to native alert/confirmation dialogs for iOS devices.
- FeatureAdded Downloader support for new Aerosoft/A3XX Flightplans directory.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: B748.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: X-Plane 11.
- FeatureAdded code to automatically correct faulty/trimmed FlightAware routes.
- UpdateImproved FlightAware route fetching for users using an outdated AIRAC cycle.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: Captain Sim (FSX/P3D .pln alias).
- ChangeSlightly re-ordered the "Route Finder" and "Historical Weather" Dispatch Options.
- UpdateReprogrammed timezone calculations using native PHP functions. Previously these were handled by external APIs.
- Bug FixFixed an interactive map bug that prevented the waypoints overlay from displaying on some browsers.
- UpdateMigrated all interactive maps to Leaflet.
- FeatureAdded GDPR consent blocker to the API process window.
- FeatureClicking the cloud icon above the ORIG/DEST/ALTN options now opens a pop-up window.
- UpdateUpdated the Recent Routes map on the System Status page to Leaflet.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that could cause missing "DIRECTS" in the UFMC format.
- FeatureAdded a new/custom Opt-In Cookie Consent pop-up alert and associated functions.
- FeatureAdded website and database functions to properly record and track user consent.
- FeatureAdded a new "Privacy Settings" link to the top of the website for easy access.
- FeatureAdded a large pop-up to the dispatch system advising registered users of these GDPR updates.
- UpdateUpdated the registration form to align with the new terms and policies.
- UpdateReplaced the Facebook "Like" button with a custom solution due to tracking/privacy concerns.
- ChangeMade various modifications to the website to respect visitors' cookie preferences.
- Bug FixFixed an Internet Explorer bug affecting the ETOPS and Save Flight functions on the Options page.
- FeatureIt is now possible to change your username and delete your account from the Account Settings page.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable route format: IVAO/XIVAP.
- Bug FixFixed an error in the IXEG 737 format that occurred on routes without a SID or STAR.
- FeatureAdded Historical Weather support via Active Sky integration. SimBrief Downloader v1.4.2 required.
- FeatureAdded a new "AUTO" function to the Cargo option. When selected, a random cargo amount will be added based on the planned passenger count (more passengers will yield lower cargo values).
- FeatureAdded new API endpoint: xml.fetcher.php .
- FeatureAdded a custom dispatch remarks feature to the options page.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that could cause the date, origrwy, and destrwy GET parameters to be ignored on the Options page.
- ChangeThe date option is now selectable from 90 days in the past to 7 days in the future.
- FeatureAdded multiple alternate support to the following formats: DLH, GWI, THY.
- Bug FixMinor fixes to UTF-8 sub-string functions on AAL and AWE formats.
- UpdateAdjusted climb/descent data for the C172 profile.
- ChangeLowered minimum allowable flight level to 1500AGL for small aircraft.
- ChangeThe minimum allowable flight level is now rounded to a multiple of 500ft.
- Bug FixFixed a route parsing issue affecting 6-7 digit FlightAware lat/longs.
- ChangeThe automatic alternate finder now prioritizes non-military airfields where possible.
- ChangeSlightly re-organizated the Dispatch Options page to allow for easier additions in the future.
- ChangeLat/longs are now automatically shortened where applicable (ex. 5200N03000W = 52N030W).
- FeatureAdded new OFP remarks indicating when the payload gets limited due to MZFW, MTOW, or MLW.
- FeatureAdded new options when creating custom airframes: ICAO Type, Name, Engines, Performance Code, Mode-S Code, Notes/Comments, Default Cost Index.
- UpdateUpdated ICAO FPL string and added Mode-S support to the following formats: LIDO, BAW, BER, DAL, DLH, ETD, EZY, GWI, KLM, QFA, RYR, THY, UAL 2014.
- ChangeOFP cancellation is now pushed to the server via jQuery's unload event. This reduces unnecessary server usage by immediately cancelling the OFP process where applicable.
- FeatureAdded image pre-loading function for IRSAT and SIGWX images.
- Bug FixRepaired missing IRSAT images in the Database section.
- UpdateImproved SIGMET parsing script to better handle unexpected patterns.
- Bug FixFixed a rare interactive map depiction error for certain airways.
- Bug FixFixed SkyVector and RouteFinder route string mismatch when loading/editing a previous flight.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS formats: ProSim 737, X-FMC.
- Bug FixFixed a route string error that could occur with altitude/speed changes on a NAT track.
- Bug FixMinor corrections to the corte.in (FF320) format.
- ChangeProgrammed the Options page to initially hide the Route Map (Google API quota management).
- FeatureActivated old AIRAC cycles feature. Note that only users who previously unlocked old cycles on SimBrief will be able to access them.
- FeatureAdded code to enable the use of AIRAC cycles that are older than the default cycle. Release pending Navigraph approval.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the route database script that could cause the OFP process to fail.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profiles: A359, A35K.
- FeatureAdded NOTAM filtering logic to remove certain "QOBCE" and "OBST ..." NOTAMS from the OFP, in line with real world briefing packages.
- Bug FixFixed an SSL bug that was preventing NAT Tracks from being updated.
- Bug FixFixed an issue with the METAR/TAF fetching script caused by a new SSL redirect.
- FeatureAdded support for degrees, minutes, and seconds when entering Lat/Long coordinates in the route string.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profiles: MD82, MD83.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that could produce faulty ETOPS calculations when a custom destination alternate was selected that was not part of SimBrief's default suitable airports list.
- FeatureThe route analyzer now advises if the chosen SID/STAR is invalid for the selected runway, and a button is provided to fix the error if desired.
- UpdateUpdated formats with new alternate parameters: RYR, ETD.
- FeatureAdded 15 second caching of frontpage statistics to reduce database load.
- UpdateOptimized "requests" table queries.
- FeatureAdded advanced alternate features to the API.
- FeatureAdded new FMS Download: vPilot.
- FeatureAdded new FMS Download: Aerowinx PSX 747.
- FeatureAdded new <fms_downloads> section to the API XML file. Files within this section are labelled based on their format id (<crx>, <pmr>, etc.) making it easier to find specific formats when reading the XML data.
- FeatureAdded new FMS Download: UFMC - Universal FMC.
- FeatureAdded additional Fuel Factor values to the Fleet section.
- FeatureAdded the ability to delete multiple saved flights at once.
- Bug FixFixed SIGWX parser error that occurred when min + max icing altitudes were undefined.
- ChangeRemoved SID, STAR, runways, and alternate routing from the FlightFactor A320U format due to frequent import errors.
- FeatureAdded FIR avoidance capability to the Route Finder tool.
- FeatureAdded ATC Callsign parameter to the API XML file, accessible through atc->callsign.
- UpdateTweaked fuel calculations for the A320 series when cruising at greater than M78.
- Bug FixCorrected FSLabs Uplink files to always use KGs.
- FeatureAdded code to prevent excessively long historical routes from being suggested.
- FeatureAdded Black Box Airbus format to the FMS Downloads list (FS9 alias).
- FeatureAdded FlightFactor format to the FMS Downloads list (Aerosoft Airbus alias).
- UpdateUpdated FMS Downloads to HTML5 standards. Right-click -> Save As should work now.
- FeatureAdded install instructions to the FMS Downloads list.
- FeatureAdded new FMS Download: FSLabs A320.
- FeatureAdded new FMS Format: FlightFactor A320.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: MD88.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that could return outdated FlightAware routes.
- FeatureAdded userid indexes to "flights" and "fleets" databases (increased speed for these sections).
- UpdateRedesigned server back-up script.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that could cause div/0 errors following the new manoeuvring corrections.
- UpdateFurther improvements to departure/arrival maneuvering time, fuel, and distance.
- UpdateReserve fuel calculation improved.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause faulty fuel requirements for legacy aircraft profiles.
- Bug FixFixed erroneous frequency display on some ETOPS Navlog waypoints.
- ChangeNavlog distance to first/last waypoint now reflects maneuvering distance.
- ChangeContingency fuel 1-minute increments are now based on actual average fuel flow.
- UpdateReprogrammed departure/arrival manoeuvring correction method.
- ChangeReduced the amount of added fuel for departure manoeuvring.
- FeatureWhen no suggested routes are available, the system now creates a route using the Route Finder.
- FeatureAdded additional UAD maps for altitudes above/below the planned Flightlevel.
- FeatureAdded PER/ category to the ICAO FPL string (LIDO format).
- UpdateAdditional refinements to SID/STAR selections for FlightAware routes.
- UpdateRestored FIR NOTAM Categories (LIDO format).
- Bug FixCorrected ICAO FPL "ETE" value to be 10 minutes less than actual ETE (LIDO format).
- Bug FixFixed a bug in getroutes.js.php that could cause the wrong database to become active following a magvar() lookup.
- ChangeSuggested routes are now re-ordered so that valid routes are presented first.
- ChangeLat/Long waypoints are now only included in the ATS EET/ string for oceanic FIRs.
- ChangeRemoved unnecessary "Invalid Response" message when a session expires.
- FeatureAdded protections in the route parser which will exclude waypoints that cause a detour in excess of 2000nm (usually caused when the desired waypoint isn't found in the current AIRAC cycle).
- UpdateImproved runway selection logic using basic TLR data contained in the selected aircraft profile (where available).
- ChangeStepclimbs are now inhibited during the last hour of flight, rather than within a fixed distance from destination.
- FeatureAdded dynamic placeholder text to the ATC Callsign option.
- Bug FixFixed extra "Invalid Response" message when entering unknown departure/arrival airports.
- Bug FixFixed ETOPS options being incorrectly cleared when adding step climbs (/F000) to the route string.
- Bug FixFixed various minor bugs with the new terrain database.
- Bug FixFixed various errors which could occur when passing API requests containing a massive amount of Extra Fuel.
- UpdateUpdated MORA calculations using the new terrain database. MORAs now correctly represent a 2000ft buffer over the highest terrain within 5 miles of track.
- UpdateUpdated the Vertical Profile terrain depiction using the new terrain database.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: B788, B789.
- FeatureAdded a new terrain database with a resolution of 30 arc-seconds (for future use).
- FeatureAdded additional CONT fuel options for 1-15 minutes.
- UpdateImproved route interpretation algorithm in cases where 2 possible fixes are equally distant.
- ChangeThe news section on the homepage is now populated asynchronously.
- Bug FixCorrected metric altitude conversion for user-defined step-climbs.
- Bug FixFixed a bug where user-defined step-climbs at lat/long points could be ignored.
- FeatureAdded protection against RouteFinder requests using the same departure and arrival airport.
- UpdateImproved fuel burn accuracy by segmenting fuel flow calculations.
- UpdateFurther tweaks to the manoeuvring fuel amounts.
- UpdateUpdated the following layouts with the new alternate parameters: BAW.
- UpdateModified the Aerosoft CRJ FMS format to load the route as a series of directs, rather than as a series of airways. Airway loading does not seem to work properly in the CRJ at the moment.
- UpdateModified NAT parser script to ignore faulty NAT NOTAM parts as required.
- Bug FixFixed an error in the SID/STAR assignment code.
- Bug FixFixed a bug where database routes could be mislabelled as FlightAware routes.
- Bug FixFixed a possible endless loop within the alternate-routes script.
- ChangeNAT parser now saves historical TMIs for possible future use.
- FeatureAdded code to limit alternate diversion weight to MLW.
- UpdateImproved departure/approach manoeuvring time and fuel calculations.
- UpdateTweaked step climb logic to prevent steps within 500nm of destination (was previously 300nm).
- ChangeRemoved repeating airways on LIDO format route string which could occur due to stepclimbs.
- ChangeRe-centered footer on LIDO PDF.
- Bug FixCorrected a bug which could affect the ETOPS weather minimums.
- ChangeManually added missing airports to database: FADD and FAVY.
- UpdateImproved optimum/maximum altitude selection when close to service ceiling.
- Bug FixCorrected "1 FL ABOVE" operational impact availability.
Released: 2017-09-22- Major Update - *** Major Update ***
- FeatureAdded support for multiple (up to 4) alternates.
- FeatureAdded support for custom alternate routings.
- FeatureAdded advanced alternate settings to the Dispatch Options page in support of the new features.
- FeatureAdded Takeoff Alternate weather and NOTAMs to the LIDO format where applicable.
- UpdateModified the default LIDO format to support multiple alternate routings, NOTAMs, and weather.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause a higher than optimal altitude to be selected on short legs.
- Bug FixFixed the MXSHR display on the LIDO format on flights with no shears above 0.
- Bug FixCorrected IMT figures on navlog to use current waypoint MagVar.
- FeatureAdded taxi times to the "Saved Selections" function.
- UpdateUpdated Shear function with a more accurate formula.
- Bug FixCorrected ETOPS Critical Point calculation. The Navlog's EFOB and MFOB at the exit point are no longer considered.
- Bug FixCorrected the Max Oceanic Entry figure that appears on some OFP formats.
- UpdateImproved Optimum altitude selection when entering/exiting oceanic airspace.
- UpdateUpdated the following aircraft profiles with new altitude data: A318, A319, A320, A332, A333, A321, B733, B737, B738, B74F, B763, B76F, B772, B77L, B77F, B77W.
- UpdateVarious other updates to the following aircraft profiles: A333, B77L, B77F, B77W.
- UpdateReprogrammed Optimum/Maximum altitude function to support chart data. For supported aircraft profiles, the Optimum and Maximum altitudes will now be calculated with greater precision.
- UpdateUpdated the following aircraft profiles with new Opt/Max altitude charts: B744.
- Bug FixFixed a minor bug with the optimum altitude selection.
- FeatureAdded additional Fuel Factors to the drop down list (up to ± 80%).
- UpdateUpdated timezone functions to use 3 possible data sources, depending on availability.
- Bug FixFixed an error which caused SimBrief to disregard airway restrictions on short routes.
- Bug FixFixed faulty FPLs being sent to CFMU Validator in some cases.
- ChangeOn the Options page, entering a manual cruising altitude will now automatically uncheck the Stepclimbs option, while checking the Stepclimbs option will now clear any entered cruising altitude. Flashing icons highlight these automatic selections to alert the user.
- FeatureAdded support for IATA codes on the Dispatch Options page. Airports can now be typed in using their 3-letter IATA or 4-letter ICAO codes.
- FeatureAdded additional contingency fuel options with support for percentage, minutes, and the greater of a percentage/minutes value.
- UpdateUpdated all OFP layouts to better depict the contingency mode used.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: Leonardo MD80.
- UpdateUpdated DAL layout.
- Bug FixVarious minor bug fixes affecting cruise fuel flow.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: IXEG 737 Classic.
- UpdateUpdated JarDesign FMS format with better handling of NAT Tracks and Directs.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: FS Commander.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: vasFMC.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: Google Earth KML.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: FeelThere.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: Flight1 GTN 650/750.
- FeatureAdded new FMS format: Project Magenta.
- FeatureAdded NAT Track support to SkyVector link.
- UpdateModified back-end code to make it easier to add new FMS formats.
- Bug FixVarious minor bug fixes.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which produced invalid forum passwords when a user's main site password included the "&" symbol.
- Bug FixCorrected fuel depiction for flights exceeding max aircraft range. EXTRA fuel now shows the fuel shortage as a negative value (instead of CONT fuel).
- Bug FixFixed a bug where some flights exceeding max range would require additional ETOPS fuel.
- ChangeEXTRA fuel is now trimmed to match max fuel capacity. Selecting EXTRA fuel above what can be boarded on the aircraft will result in automatically reducing that fuel until max capacity.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profiles: PC12, EA50.
- Bug FixFixed ETOPS bug which caused airports with certain weather strings in their TAF to return a 0/0 forecast.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS Format: Aerosoft CRJ.
- Bug FixRebuilt fresh NOTAMs database using current AIDAP NOTAMs.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause some NOTAMs to not show up.
- FeatureAdded more specific pop-up information when FMS Downloads are disabled due to a DCT route.
- FeatureAdded additional Reserve options (35 and 40 min).
- FeatureAdded the ability to reactivate a session without having to refresh the Dispatch Options page.
- ChangeThe interactive route map on the Output page is now hidden by default. It can be viewed by clicking on the provided placeholder.
- ChangeThe Password Reset tool now only requires that you provide your account's e-mail address.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: CL30.
- Bug FixFixed a fuel flow bug that occurred at very low levels on certain aircraft.
- FeatureRoute parser now accepts flight level changes without a specified speed (i.e. both ABC/N0450F350 and ABC/F350 are now accepted).
- ChangeReduced low-level departure and arrival fuel padding for all types (to better match real world OFPs).
- FeatureAdded new OFP Format: AFR (2017).
- UpdateImproved shorthand lat/long waypoint conversion.
- Bug FixFixed a bug with the critical fuel calculation at the ETOPS Exit point.
- ChangeRemoved DCTs between lat/long points on ICAO route strings.
- ChangeLoosened error checking threshold on MTOW vs MLW vs MZFW when saving airframes.
- FeatureAdded Navaid frequencies to the default LIDO Navlog.
- FeatureAdded new <links> section to the API XML output containing the SkyVector route link.
- FeatureAdded new FMS Download format: AivlaSoft EFB.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that omitted certain extended values from the underlying navlog array.
- Bug FixCorrected TFDi FMS format to include all airway fixes.
- Bug FixFixed a bug with the PDF link contained in the API .xml source files.
- UpdateReplaced anti-spam feature on the registration page with reCAPTCHA.
- FeatureAdded new Downloadable FMS format: TFDi Design 717.
- FeatureAdded system logic to detect bounced e-mails. Users will be alerted if the system is unable to send activation or password reset e-mails.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft profile: C172.
- UpdateUpdated fleet functions to support the lower C172 weights.
- UpdateUpdated Magnetic Declination database for 2017.
- UpdateUpdated API popup functions.js reference.
- Bug FixFixed a caching issue with the METAR/TAF database updater.
- ChangeRemoved /flightplans and /uads directory cleaning functions from OFP script. Directory cleaning is now performed by a daily task.
- UpdateIntroduced new caching method for Flight Plan files. PDF and FMS download files will now remain available for longer than 24 hours.
- ChangeAll PMDG .rte files now automatically convert custom lat/long waypoints to the ARINC shorthand (ex. 9999N). This fixes potential crashes when using the new PMDG 747.
- FeatureAdded ability to prefile on the PilotEdge network.
- ChangeRelocated prefile links to the bottom of the Output page.
- FeatureAdded infrastructure to facilitate adding missing airports/fixes to the database.
- FeatureAdded the following missing airports: LCEN, LCGK, OMDM.
- FeatureAdded new detailed aircraft profile: B712.
- UpdateUpdated the Route Finder with better support for Free-Route, European Airspace.
- FeatureAdded new OFP Layouts: ETD (Etihad), THY (Turkish).
- UpdateImproved alternate selection by discarding old TAFs.
- FeatureAdded proper HTTPS termination prior to CFMU Validation (removes nuisance browser warnings).
- FeatureAdded support for 75/90 minute ETOPS rules.
- Bug FixFixed a minor bug with the ETOPS checker script.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the SIGWX UAD file.
- Bug FixFixed a rare bug that could truncate winds data while generating.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the AIRAC 1611 database (waypoint table ordering).
- UpdateUpgraded server to support SSL encryption.
- Bug FixFixed minor bugs caused by the new SSL redirects.
- FeatureAdded new OFP Format: QFA (Qantas).
- Bug FixFixed a bug that could cause a "Data Fetch Failed" message.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profiles: B190, SF34.
- ChangeClarified CONT 5% versus CONT 15 MIN indication on OFP when using CONT AUTO.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft type: DC6. Special thanks to Kyle Rodgers.
- FeatureAdded new debug feature: Zero wind.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable FMS format: JARDesign Airbus.
- Bug FixFixed a bug with the CFMU validation.
- ChangeAuto-renaming feature for FMS files now applies to external API links as well.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable FMS format: Majestic Q400.
- FeatureAdded a new Aircraft Types page to the About section.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profile: B733.
- FeatureAdded the ability to abort data-fetches on the Dispatch Options page.
- FeatureAdded the ability to automatically convert the Extra Fuel, Cargo, and ZFW options when changing units.
- FeatureThe ZFW option now contains only those values that are between the aircraft's OEW and MZFW.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profiles: A345, A346.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profiles: A342, A343.
- UpdateMinor adjustments to the BER format.
- Bug FixFixed an error which occurred when generating XML files using airport names containing certain characters.
- FeatureReleased a new AIRAC unlock method based on Navigraph's new OAuth2 API. This method will eventually replace Access Codes entirely.
- UpdateUpdated the default AIRAC cycle to 1503.
- UpdateReplaced standard browser alerts, confirms, and tooltips with jQuery-UI versions.
- UpdateApplied FlightAware route fetching to API requests that don't specify a custom route.
- ChangeCFMU equipment on the Dispatch Options page now reflects custom airframe settings.
- FeatureAdded CFMU Validator to the "Dispatch Output" page.
- FeatureAdded code to inhibit step climbs in STARs.
- FeatureAdded option to automatically select valid SIDs/STARs when changing runways.
- Bug FixMore route finder bug fixes.
- FeatureReleased Route Finder BETA to all users.
- UpdateNumerous improvements and additions to the route finder script.
- UpdateUpdated user guide with new sections.
- FeatureAdded database dependent alternates list.
- FeatureAdded hour selection to the Interactive Route Map winds overlay.
- UpdateImproved winds aloft forecast range and accuracy.
- UpdateImproved accuracy of TOC units.
- Bug FixFixed units bug when entering certain Asian airways.
- FeatureAdded code to smooth cloud area scalloping on SIGWX charts.
- UpdateImproved wind barb range and accuracy on UAD/Profile charts.
- Bug FixNumerous other minor bug fixes.
- FeatureAdded wind averaging on long legs.
- FeatureAdded support for half-degree NAT tracks.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the airway parser which could occur if an airway contained identically named fixes.
- UpdateApplied several new system modifications in preparation for the Route Editor feature.
- Bug FixFixed the cargo figure in the DAL format.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: EZY.
- Bug FixCorrected taxi fuel for A318, A319, A320, and A321.
- Bug FixFixed typos in the MD11 and MD1F detailed profiles.
- UpdateUpdated waypoint selection to include an airways check.
- UpdateApplied airway altitude restrictions to TOC points as well.
- FeatureAdded new API parameter: ETOPS Rule.
- FeatureAdded simple profile: B789 (based on B788).
- FeatureAdded extended waypoint names to some OFP formats.
- Bug FixFixed a bug where airways with unattainable altitude restrictions would cause faulty step-descents.
- FeatureAdded airway-specific altitude constraints.
- UpdateImproved enroute climb/descent calculations.
- UpdateImproved the ETOPS airport suitable times.
- Bug FixFixed a bug where a constant mach number was not being held in oceanic airspace if stepclimbs were disabled.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that gave erroneous STE times when selecting custom airframes.
- ChangeRemoved NAT track designators from SkyVector links.
- Bug FixFixed a bug where forcing an altitude would prevent UP FL1+ operational impacts from showing.
- FeatureAdded SkyVector route link. This lets users preview the currently entered route directly on SkyVector before generating the flight plan.
- UpdateFurther optimized FlightAware XML route fetching.
- Bug FixFixed a minor bug in the LIDO2 format.
- ChangeRemoved VatAware route link as VatAware no longer provides citypair routes.
- FeatureAdded Paypal IPN Framework to better track donations.
- FeatureAdded framework for FlightAware route fetching.
- FeatureAdded intelligent SID/STAR conversions to route list function.
- UpdateImproved route formatting within the route list function.
- FeatureAdded improved recursive fuel planning, which should slightly improve fuel burn accuracy.
- UpdateImproved handling of the Extra fuel option on fuel-critical flights.
- UpdateOptimized MORA calculations, resulting in reduced generating time (up to 5 seconds quicker).
- UpdateImproved SIGWX/waypoint label positioning on SIGWX maps.
- UpdateUpdated SkyVector links to the new FPL standard.
- Bug FixCorrected the "Min Fuel" value in the JZA format.
- Bug FixFixed Interactive Route Map waypoint tooltips in Firefox.
- Bug FixFixed a wordwrap bug with certain NOTAMs.
- UpdateNOTAM tweaks: Added F) G) altitude range to NOTAM text where applicable, removed superfluous date range from Canadian/US Domestic NOTAMs.
- UpdateTweaked new LIDO format: Paginated NOTAMs, clarified NOTAM section, added taxi fuel to Navlog PBRN figure, paginated WX List.
- Bug FixVarious minor fixes.
- UpdateRedesigned the default LIDO format. The old LIDO format has been renamed.
- UpdateUpdated aircraft profiles: B737, B738.
- UpdateUpgraded all remaining AIRAC databases to the new standard.
- UpdateUpdated Dispatch Output page layout.
- UpdateUpgraded AIRAC databases: 1403,1504,1505,1506.
- FeatureMajor database upgrade. Several new data fields have been added in preparation for future new features.
- FeatureAdded SkyVector link to the FMS Downloads list (only available on AIRAC 1507 for now, support for other AIRACs will come soon).
- UpdateUpgraded AIRAC database: 1507.
- Bug FixFixed data fetch failure when no alternates available on the Options page.
- Bug FixFixed alternate/STE overwrite bug which could occur when loading last flight.
- Bug FixFixed a terrain glitch near the destination airport on the Vertical Profile maps.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause UAL F:WZ OFPs to hang when generating long PDF files.
- ChangeRemoved IATA-ICAO airline code conversion.
- FeatureAdded constant mach segments for oceanic flights.
- FeatureAdded "Max Oceanic Entry" indication to the LIDO format.
- FeatureAdded logic to prevent oceanic stepclimbs when not on a NAT track.
- FeatureAdded Lat/Long waypoints to EET/ list.
- UpdateImproved handling of IATA/ICAO airline codes and expanded airline code database.
- UpdateImproved NOTAM bold-words function.
- UpdateImproved SIGWX chart time selection.
- UpdateImproved EET/ precision.
- UpdateImproved adaptive NOTAM wordwrap.
- Bug FixVarious minor bug fixes relating to ETOPS Entry/Exit critical fuel.
- ChangeRemoved credit for temperatures below ISA on optimum altitude.
- UpdateUpdated current DLH format.
- ChangeRenamed old DLH format to GWI (Germanwings).
- FeatureAdded new detailed profile: SW4 - Metroliner. Special thanks to Peter (qqwertzde).
- Bug FixFixed a bug with IR Satellite and UAD map hashing.
- ChangeATC Callsign now reverts to aircraft registration when no airline, flight number, or callsign is entered.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the ETOPS analysis options which would occur when ETOPS was not required for a particular route.
- FeatureAdded a new "ETOPS Scenario" section to the Options page, allowing ETOPS scenario customization.
- FeatureAdded a way to view only ETOPS suitable airports on the Interactive Flight Map to aid in customizing the ETOPS scenario.
- FeatureAdded additional ETOPS rules (ETOPS-138 and ETOPS-207) to the automatic ETOPS function.
- FeatureWhen creating a new flight, the "Departure Time" on the options page now defaults to 30 minutes in the future, rounded to the nearest 5 minutes.
- UpdateImproved TOC/TOD location accuracy on long legs.
- UpdateImproved ETOPS weather forecast parsing; the system now only looks at the ETOPS period rather than the entire TAF forecast.
- UpdateGeneral improvements to the ETOPS ETP/Entry/Exit calculations.
- ChangeAvailable ETOPS airports are now validated against the user's active AIRAC cycle.
- FeatureAdded a "Route Distance" indication when analyzing a route, followed by a % distance increase over the great circle distance.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which would ignore the "Callsign" option if specified.
- FeatureAdded Infrared Satellite maps to the "Database" section.
- UpdateImproved look and functionality of the database map selector.
- FeatureAdded UAD charts to the "Database" section.
- FeatureCreated a map-style selector image for SIGWX and UAD "Database" maps.
- FeatureAdded a "zoom" button to the top-right of the Interactive Map.
- UpdateVarious improvements to the SIGWX and UAD maps in the "Database" section, including a play/pause feature.
- UpdateImproved winds aloft accuracy by implementing forecast data (up to 18 hours in the future).
- FeatureAdded SIGWX charts to the "Database" tab.
- FeatureAdded a new "Database" tab to the system. This section lets users search the SimBrief database for the latest METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, etc.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: KLM.
- FeatureAdded NAT track data to all flights crossing the Atlantic; even those not filed on a NAT track.
- FeatureAdded incrementing OFP/Release numbers to applicable OFP formats. Regenerating the same flight will increment the release number.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause a climb fix altitude to exceed the TOC altitude.
- ChangeRe-oriented the vertical profile map from Right-to-Left on westbound routes.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profiles: A332, A333.
- FeatureAdded new "Vertical Profile" chart to the detailed maps class.
- FeatureAdded new dispatch option: ATC Callsign.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profile: CRJ2
- Bug FixCorrected ICAO code for BE20.
- ChangeRemoved "CONT FUEL FOR ANY DELAYS" from remarks.
- UpdateUpdated default AIRAC cycle to 1403.
- UpdateImproved pagination for the NOTAMs section of the default LIDO format.
- FeatureAdded international checklist to SWA format.
- FeatureAdded the ability to choose between KG and LBS when creating/modifying an airframe.
- Bug FixMade a minor correction to the RYR PDF font size.
- UpdateUpdated detailed profile: DH8D.
- FeatureAdded PDF Bookmarks to most layouts.
- Bug FixCorrected UAD map caption date.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which caused invalid flight levels for flights where the route track varied from below 360 to above 001.
- Bug FixCorrected FS9 .pln format to add apostrophes to fix coordinates.
- Bug FixCorrected a bug where NOTAM validity hours would not be included in the NOTAM text.
- UpdateTransferred Flights and Fleet data to the main database (improved speed and reliability).
- Bug FixFixed a bug which occurred when a higher than programmed cost index was chosen by the CI:AUTO function.
- Bug FixFixed bugs related to recent omissions in the SIGWX data used to create the flight maps.
- ChangeRemoved NAV/ from RYR format ATS Flight Plan.
- FeatureCreated detailed profile: CRJ9.
- Bug FixFixed a rare bug with the UAL F:WZ format when generating long PDF OFPs (>100 pages).
- FeatureAdded new OFP Format: RYR (Ryanair).
- UpdateUpdated VATSIM Pre-file link.
- UpdateUpdated UAL F:WZ format to match the current real world layout.
- ChangeRemoved the "Print OFP" option on the output page. Printing should be accomplished by viewing the PDF version of the OFP.
- Bug FixFixed possible endless loop when generating flight maps for very short routes.
- Bug FixFixed other minor maps issues.
- Bug FixFixed alternate->eet issue with API, added new parameters to API output.
- ChangeRemoved SID/STAR points from most downloadable FMS formats, kept them for X-Plane and FS9/FSX.
- FeatureAdded SIGWX overlay to the Interactive Route Map.
- UpdateOptimized SIGWX maps script to shave a few seconds off processing time.
- FeatureAdded variables to SimBrief API: database sync times, impacts, climb/descent profiles.
- FeatureAdded shading to mid-level SIGWX maps to denote covered area.
- Bug FixFixed maps errors near 180W.
- ChangeRemoved progress delay when encountering more than 2 errors.
- Bug FixFixed a flight maps bug which wouldn't draw any land when no coastlines were shown.
- Bug FixFixed a flight maps bug which could throw errors when generating flights in the 170E to 180E area.
- UpdateUpdated flight maps with SIGWX BUFR data and vector coastlines.
- UpdateMany other minor improvements to the flight maps system.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profile (without cost index): A310.
- FeatureAdded SIGMETs to remaining OFP Formats.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profiles: E170, E175, E195.
- UpdateTweaked detailed profile: E190.
- Bug FixCorrected CI wind influence for: B744, B74F, MD11, MD1F, B763, B76F.
- Bug FixCorrected CI wind influence for the B772, B77L, B77W, and B77F profiles.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profile: E190.
- Bug FixFixed an issue with the MD11 and MD1F profiles when selecting the ETOPS option.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profiles: MD11, MD1F, B763, B76F.
- UpdateUpdated profiles: B736, B737, B738, B739, BBJ1, BBJ2, BBJ3.
- UpdateUpdated cost index tables: B752, B75F, B753.
- UpdateModified LIDO layout. Smaller aircraft (MTOW < 125000 LBS) now have figures rounded to 2 decimal places instead of 1.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profile: B753.
- FeatureAdded new detailed profiles: B752, B75F.
- FeatureAdded "Save Default" button to the selection options.
- UpdateUpdated website template (purely a cosmetic change).
- UpdateChanged the way downloadable flight plan formats treat lat/long waypoints (improved compatibility with some addons).
- UpdateUpdated PMDG route and wind uplink files to use the correct lat/long naming convention.
- ChangeShortened some downloadable flight plan file names.
- FeatureAdded METAR/TAF display to the interactive route map on the Output page.
- UpdateUpdated BAW format to add proper ETOPS section and NOTAMs layout.
- Bug FixFixed bugs related the very close destination alternates.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause a temporary step-down 1 fix after Top of Climb.
- FeatureCreated new detailed aircraft profiles: B737, B744, B74F.
- ChangeIncreased Mach accuracy to 3 decimal places (certain OFP layouts only).
- ChangeRemoved "Wind Sync" system block (previously blocked access while system winds were syncing).
- ChangeTightened NOTAM validity filter to show only NOTAMs affecting the flight period (time enroute + time to alternate + 3 hours).
- ChangeReduced label clutter on SIGWX charts.
- FeatureCreated new detailed aircraft profile: DH8D.
Released: 2014-06-03- Major Update - *** Major Update ***
- FeatureAdded new dispatch options: Taxi in/out, departure/arrival runways, speed profiles, cargo weight.
- FeatureAdded new "My Flights" section and functions.
- FeatureAdded new "My Fleet" section and functions.
- FeatureAdded Cost Index support, only available on some aircraft profiles.
- FeatureAdded ETOPS calculations for 3 conditions: DX, DC, 1X.
- UpdateImplemented new detailed aircraft profiles: A318,A319,A320,A321,B738,B772,B77L,B77F,B77W.
- UpdateImplemented flight level optimization.
- UpdateImproved ETOPS alternate selection. Alternates are now better positioned relative to the route.
- ChangeWind barbs on UAD charts are now placed at fixed intervals, rather than fixed lat/long coordinates.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: SWA (Southwest Airlines).
- UpdateUpdated B736-B739 altitude profiles.
- UpdateTweaked climb and descent time/distance/fuel formulas.
- ChangeIncreased fuel allowance for approaches.
- UpdateImproved TOC and TOD calculations.
- UpdateImproved fuel flow calculations versus ISA deviation.
- UpdateUpdated DH8D profile.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft types: L101 (L1011-500), E13L (EMB-135 BJ).
- UpdateTweaked optimum altitude for B77L, B77F, and B77W.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft type: BE20.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that occurred when manually forcing a VERY low altitude (<2000ft).
- UpdateUpdated Interactive Route Map to use Canvas for displaying wind barbs (performance improvement).
- FeatureAdded required framework for the future SimBrief API.
- UpdateImproved Alternate selection.
- Bug FixFixed an issue with the average winds used on non-navlog OFPs.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: JetBlue Airways (JBU).
- UpdateReorganized the aircraft database, no impact on the end user yet, but in the future this may enable users to add their own aircraft profiles.
- ChangeRe-enabled the "Runway Analysis" (TLR) option. As of now, this function is only used in the JZA and JBU formats.
- ChangeThere are now 3 Flight Map options: Detailed, Simple, and None.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: US Airways (AWE).
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: American Airlines (AAL).
- FeatureAdded the average route wind direction and speed to the UAL F:WZ and AFR flightplan formats.
- FeatureAdded waypoint wind information to the UAL F:WZ weather section.
- UpdateReorganized the UAL F:WZ fuel section to more accurately reflect the non-Redispatch layout.
- UpdateUpdated alternate airport and ETOPS airport database.
- UpdateUpdated B752,B763,E135,E145 fuel profiles.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: United Airlines F:WZ (UAL F:WZ).
- FeatureAdded new code to cache METARs and TAFs locally, this should speed up flight plan generating by 5-10 seconds (or more), depending on the complexity of the flight.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which was preventing AIRAC 1113 users from seeing some map overlays (Airports, VORs, NDBs, Intersections, and Airways).
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: Jazz Aviation (JZA).
- FeatureAdded several new overlays to the Interactive Route Map: Airports, VORs, NDBs, Intersections, and Airways.
- FeatureAdded a new "Donate" button to the top of the website.
- FeatureAdded Interactive Route Map to the Dispatch Options page to aid in flight planning.
- FeatureAdded a new "Analyze Route" function to the Dispatch Options page, to be used in conjunction with the Route Map to visually inspect routes.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: Air Berlin (BER).
- FeatureAdded new Dispatch Output feature: Interactive Route Map.
- UpdateUpdated B77L max passengers to 314.
- UpdateUpdated B77W max passengers to 386.
- UpdateUpdated B788 fuel profile.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft types: RJ1H,RJ85,RJ70.
- UpdateUpdated A319 max passengers to 142.
- UpdateUpdated B763 max passengers to 264.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft type: H25B (Hawker 800).
- UpdateImproved alternate selection, fixed a bug that would occur when few alternate airports were available.
- Bug FixFixed a bug that would produce an erroneous Extra Fuel time with ETOPS selected and units set to KG.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft type: C750.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable flightplan format: FSX.
- FeatureAdded a temporary system lockout when server winds are being synchronized. Every 6 hours for a period of about 60 seconds the system will block any flightplan requests with an error message indicating how many seconds remain until the system reopens. This avoids unnecessary wind fetch errors while the winds are synchronizing.
- FeatureAdded a new map projection to better represent polar routes.
- ChangeRenamed "FS2004/FSX" format to "FS9".
- FeatureAdded new downloadable flightplan format: iFly.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the PMDG .rte format related to via airways.
- FeatureAdded 2% Contingency Fuel option.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft types: B76F and B75F.
- FeatureAdded a new "Detailed Maps" option. This option makes use of a new custom built script to generate SIGWX and Wind maps. As this is a major system change, there may be a few bugs with it initially.
- UpdateIntroduced new wind fetch method, wind fetches should now be quicker.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which would give an invalid altitude on short legs where the "Scheduled Time Enroute" and "Navlog" options were not specified/selected.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: AFR.
- FeatureAdded new downloadable format: Wilco Airbus Evolution.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format: DLH.
- FeatureAdded new OFP format alias: ACA.
- FeatureAdded new PDF template, applied only to the DLH format so far.
- FeatureAdded new option for 3% Cont Fuel.
- FeatureAdded ETP point display on route maps.
- UpdateImproved "Print OFP" page breaks.
- FeatureAdded new flight plan downloads: Airbus Extended, IVAO/IVAP, Level-D 767, QualityWings.
- FeatureMajor improvement to units detection code. Previously the flight plan units would sometimes switch 1 fix too late or 1 fix too early, this has been resolved.
- ChangeRemoved the "Runway Analysis" option from the Dispatch Options page as it is not used at the moment.
- FeatureAdded new OFP Layout: UAE (Emirates LIDO format).
- FeatureAdded new aircraft types: MD82, MD83, MD88, MD90.
- UpdateImproved units detection code.
- UpdateTweaked performance figures for the B712.
- UpdateApplied improved page breaks and line spacing to LIDO format.
- Bug FixFixed a bug with the "WEIGHT CHANGE" section in BA formats.
- FeatureAdded the ability for the system to correctly identify fixes defined by a radial and distance from a waypoint or NDB. Previously, this only worked for VORs.
- Bug FixCorrected a minor bug when setting Extra Fuel in KG.
- Bug FixFixed bugs in the UAL format: RMNG WGT figure not correct, FUEL TEMP figure not correct on long legs.
- FeatureAdded new OFP Layout: UAL (United Airlines).
- UpdateTweaked ETOPS fuel calculations.
- FeatureAdded the option to download a PMDG FMS (.rte) file for the generated route.
- FeatureAdded the option to download a PMDG WX (.wx) file for the generated route.
- FeatureAdded new OFP Layout: DAL (Delta Air Lines).
- UpdateVery minor tweaks to the B703 Fuel and Altitude data.
- FeatureAdded new OFP Layout: BAW (British Airways CIRRUS format).
- FeatureAdded new aircraft types: BBJ1, BBJ2, BBJ3.
- UpdateTweaked B738, B739 fuel profiles.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft types: E170, E195.
- UpdateUpdated E175 and E190 profiles.
- FeatureAdded the ability to plan NAIFR (No Alternate IFR) by typing "NONE" in the alternate box on the dispatch options page.
- FeatureAdded the option to download an X-Plane format flightplan.
- UpdateTweaked fuel burns for: B737,B739.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft type: B703.
- FeatureAdded new dispatch options: Cont Fuel Percentage and Reserve Rule.
- UpdateImproved wind fetching, wind failures should be much less common now.
- UpdateTweaked fuel burns for DH8A/B/C/D, CRJ2/7/9.
- Bug FixCorrected TOC and TOD distances for prop aircraft.
- FeatureAdded new aircraft type: A310.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could occur when specifying altitudes less than 10000ft.
- Bug FixFixed the units definition for Russian FIRs. Altitudes are now displayed in feet rather than meters for the applicable FIRs.
- Bug FixFixed a minor bug in the climb and descent winds.
- Bug FixFixed a minor bug in the MORA calculation.
- Bug FixCorrected the aircraft code for freighter aircraft in the ICAO FLIGHT PLAN section (B74F => B744, MD1F => MD11, B77F => B77L).
- FeatureAdded a "Delete This Flight" option to the Dispatch History section. Users may now use this button to remove flights from the Dispatch History list.
- FeatureAdded "CLIMB" and "DESCENT" wind information to the wind summary section.
- FeatureAdded the following new aircraft: B747F, MD11F, B777F.
- UpdateReprogrammed the MORA calculation to use actual terrain data. MORAs should be more accurate now.
- UpdateTweaked units detection along the route of flight. More work is still needed.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause the departure and arrival airport FIR NOTAMs to not be displayed.
- FeatureAdded code to recognize malformed SIDs and STARs in the route (ex. typing REDFA6T instead of REDF6T).
- FeatureAdded new aircraft type: C510.
- UpdateUpdated FIR database to more accurately reflect the current real world FIR map.
- UpdateAircraft altitude is now taken into account when tracking FIR boundary crossings.
- UpdateTweaked aircraft performance for B77W,B77L,B772,B744.
- ChangeThe various units and flight levels unique to certain parts of the world are now taken into account. For example, Russia now uses KPH and Meters, and China now uses it's own metric flight levels. Some errors may occur over the coming days as I refine this feature.
- UpdateImproved the login procedure for the website. Some users may have experienced random logouts while using the site, this should be fixed now.
- ChangeChanged the logic for the CONT fuel calculation. CONT fuel is now equal to either 5% of the predicted burn, or 12 minutes at normal cruise. Whichever is higher.
- FeatureAdded "Clear Data" button the Dispatch Options page.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which could cause a "Database Error" on flight plans which took over 3 minutes to generate.
- Bug FixFixed a major bug which would throw all sorts of errors if a Top of Climb or Top of Descent point was located close to 180 degrees west/east.
- FeatureAdded new Dispatch Option: Zero Fuel Weight. This allows users to manually override the ZFW calculated by the system.
- FeatureAdded new Dispatch Option: Extra Fuel. This allows users to add fuel on top of the fuel load the system calculates.
- FeatureAdded new Dispatch Option: Fuel Factor. This acts as a fuel burn multiplier.
- ChangeFlights over the Atlantic now file airspeeds in Mach when in MNPS airspace.
- UpdateContinued updating the fuel profiles for some aircraft. About 50% of the aircraft database has been updated now.
- Bug FixFixed a bug where, if the same waypoint appeared twice in a given route, the ETOPS portion may fail.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which occurred if the system found an intersection with the same ident as the departure airport (ex. UUDD).
- Bug FixFixed a bug which occurred when a selected airport's runways are missing from the database.
- Bug FixFixed numerous bugs which occurred when entering the following route format: "(0.0nm) SID > AKBUK (18.5nm) UG80 > OKESA (27.0nm) UG80 > IMR (72.0nm) UG80 > BERGO (113.4nm) UG80 > DUGLA (143.7nm) UG80 > KONEN (162.6nm) UG80 > BIG (191.3nm) STAR > (269.3nm)". I have no idea what format this is or where it comes from, but the system should accept it now.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which caused the custom altitude option to be ignored if the "Plan Stepclimbs" option was selected.
- UpdateUpdated the fuel burn for several aircraft, including the B736-B739, all B777 variants, and the A320 series.
- Bug FixFixed a bug in the fuel flow calculation that could produce erroneous fuel burns for certain aircraft.
- Bug FixFixed a bug which produced an erroneous Top of Climb point if the user specified a custom altitude in the format "FL350", rather than the preferred format "35000".
- Bug FixFixed various other minor bugs which surfaced during the first day of public use.
- FeatureAdded the following new aircraft types: A345, B748, B764, B788.
- UpdateFurther tweaks to the performance figures of some aircraft types.
- FeatureAdded the following new aircraft types: A306, A346, B733, B734, B735, CRJ7, DC10, E135.
- UpdateTweaked performance figures for numerous other aircraft types.
- FeatureAdded NAT Track altitude constraints. Step climbs are now planned with reference to the available flight levels for the filed NAT Track.
- Bug FixFixed a bug on routes between airports which are not ETOPS suitable and are thus located in ETOPS airspace.
- FeatureAdded inclusion of NAT Track NOTAMs on Oceanic flight plans.
- FeatureAdded depiction of NAT Tracks on the Route Map for Oceanic flight plans.
- FeatureAdded visual depiction of Entry and Exit points on the Route Map for ETOPS flight plans.
- Bug FixFixed an error which occurred on flight plans containing only 1 waypoint, should that waypoint be invalid or not found.
- Bug FixFixed a bug on routes containing the same airway twice. If one instance of the airway used invalid endpoints, every instance of the airway would be removed rather than just the invalid instance.
- UpdateTweaked the Operational Impacts section and the weight change impacts.
- Bug FixFixed a minor bug with the ETOPS planning which could produce an out-of-range ETOPS alternate under specific conditions.
- FeatureAdded new OFP section "Operational Impacts". This section displays the fuel cost and time difference of speed, altitude, and weight changes from the planned values.
- FeatureInitial release.